PDA

View Full Version : Drive Bay reservoir with the fill port sitting further back?

zulu9812
10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Hello water cooling enthusiasts. I'm currently water cooling in a CM-690 II Advanced with an XSPC drive bay reservoir with 2x DDC 18w pumps. One problem I've been encountering is accessing the fill ports. The CM-690 II has a handy hole cut into the top of the case (obviously, beneath the shroud) which I originally thought would be just the ticket for accessing a drive bay fill port. Except, of course, the XSPC's fill port sits at the front edge of the tank and is thus obscured by a case bezel. I can still use this, but I have to use angled fittings to get at the fill port, and it also means that I can't site the drive bay res in the top two drive bays (which I would prefer). Does anyone know of a suitable drive bay reservoir (preferably dual-loop and pump-mounting) that has fill ports that sit further back (e.g. in the middle rather than at the front) so that they could accessed via this case's handy cut-out?

MadHacker
10-27-2010, 11:15 AM
well you could just drill a hole furthur back and tap it, then you would what you need.

Church
10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Most cases have no fill ports and usually fill ports are custom DIY made by cutting hole in needed place and screwing in place some fillport fitting. BTW, can you connect with piece of tubing res & fillport? Should be cheaper then using different expensive rotary snake fittings.