PDA

View Full Version : cant get new loop to bleed, should I switch over to a Res?

ericFX1984
10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
started a new build and thought I could get away with not using a Res... well I think I was wrong

originally I tried the TEE on the suction side of the pump between the pump and the water block... this did not work out very well

so I either need some magic or I am thinking maybe I need a res... the GHETTO location of the TEE will have to do for now...

is there a better place to put the TEE?

or should I get a res?

IF I do get a res, where should I locate the pump?

and for that matter where should I locate the RES?

and what RES under $55 USD should I get?

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/ericfx1984/DSCF2399.jpg

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/ericfx1984/DSCF2402.jpg

MagisD
10-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Tee highest point in loop.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

lowfat
10-22-2010, 04:53 PM
You can't beat a Swiftech Micro-Res for the money. It may be a tad on the ugly side but it is a bleeding is about as easy as it gets.

ericFX1984
10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Tee highest point in loop.

i know but it's so ugly

ericFX1984
10-22-2010, 04:59 PM
You can't beat a Swiftech Micro-Res for the money. It may be a tad on the ugly side but it is a bleeding is about as easy as it gets.

it would be able to bleed almost anywhere I put it in the loop right? even if it's lower than the rads?

I have always used Tees

millertime359
10-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Yep, mine was below the rad and bled fine. Just takes a little longer. :)

Waterlogged
10-22-2010, 05:14 PM
The problem is how you routed your loop. The Supreme should be rotated 180° so the escaping air has someplace to go. The line going from the Supreme to the rad should go to the bottom barb and the top barb should go to the bottom barb.

lowfat
10-22-2010, 05:57 PM
The problem is how you routed your loop. The Supreme should be rotated 180° so the escaping air has someplace to go. .

It is an AMD board, it can't be rotated anyway.

MadHacker
10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I use a T as well. it takes me a few days to completly bleed out the system.
I have some radical blocks that i made myself that make it hard to blead my system but eventualy is should
how long have you been waiting for it to bleed?

also I have a Res at the top of my T so that water has a room to displace when I shut my machine down, this also helps in bleeding.

penguins
10-22-2010, 06:02 PM
try getting some big air pockets out of the rads if you haven't rotate the machine see if you get any burps, i always get air stuck in rads.. idk if it's just me : )

if you're getting a large displacement of water when you turn it off you most likely haven't gotten all the air out

stangracin3
10-22-2010, 06:29 PM
It is an AMD board, it can't be rotated anyway.

are you blind?
read what he said again.

180 degrees

on amd you can only mount a block 2 ways, compared to 4 ways on intel.

ericFX1984
10-22-2010, 07:37 PM
are you blind?
read what he said again.

180 degrees

on amd you can only mount a block 2 ways, compared to 4 ways on intel.

I can mount it any way I want too... just got to make a new bracket...

but yeah I see... lol I do need to flip it

Church
10-22-2010, 07:43 PM
If i got right which is inlet and which is outlet from those two top mounted rads, imho putting case on left side (with motherboard tray closer to floor) might help bleeding/getting air from rads out.

BeepBeep2
10-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I dont get why everyone thinks the MCRES is so ugly, it's simple, yes but paint the brackets black and drill into empty drive cages/top of case...mount and it fits in with everything quite well.

For example andressergio's build:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/570/p10404351.jpg

I have the same config. as far as loop order and placement of components minus GPU...but my tubing is sloppier and the res is mounted through the top.

mingbogo
10-23-2010, 04:07 AM
i know but it's so ugly

It can't get any uglier than your T! The Micro Res is probably one of the best if not the best res in terms of size per performance and cost per performance. I like it even more if it can be taken apart but you can only get so much for what you pay for.

MagisD
10-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Wait for iandh to put out his microres from his timelines its soon.

ericFX1984
10-23-2010, 06:37 AM
It can't get any uglier than your T! The Micro Res is probably one of the best if not the best res in terms of size per performance and cost per performance. I like it even more if it can be taken apart but you can only get so much for what you pay for.

I was talking about the T... :up:

ericFX1984
10-23-2010, 08:02 AM
ok I changed it around a little, the bleed has to be done the pc laying in several different possitions, and I have to move the case while its running. But hey it's silent now, took a little less than an hour to get the big bubbles out

zeroibis
10-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Sometimes you can also get a lot more bubbles stuck in the rad than you think. I even have a bleed screw on mine but still manage to get a lot of bubbles that it does not take care of. My solution was to hit the sides of the rad in different places and the vibrations often shake loose more air pockets. Trying to move stuff around while the system is running and knocking on the rads dramatically sped up my bleeding times.

CrazyNutz
10-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I use t-lines, and It can take up to a week or more to fully bleed. One thing I do to help it along is to change orentation of the case, i.e. lay it on it back, then tip it to the front, shake it, etc.. most of the bubbles are always in the rad.

mingbogo
10-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Wait for iandh to put out his microres from his timelines its soon.

Yeah I can't wait to see the final version!

mingbogo
10-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I use t-lines, and It can take up to a week or more to fully bleed.

You are kidding right? My system (WC CPU & GPU) bleeds in 5 minutes with either a micro res or an EK tube. It takes much longer to fill the system up with liquid than to cycle all the bubbles out. It is cool that you have that kind of patience, as I would not be able to do it.

BeepBeep2
10-23-2010, 12:23 PM
You are kidding right? My system (WC CPU & GPU) bleeds in 5 minutes with either a micro res or an EK tube. It takes much longer to fill the system up with liquid than to cycle all the bubbles out. It is cool that you have that kind of patience, as I would not be able to do it.

Well I'm pretty sure that if you have a t-line you wont be worrying about looks therefore not looking directly at the loop often. You wouldn't even notice the bubbles (except for minor turbulence noise) anyway?

cesthree
10-23-2010, 05:38 PM
1. just be patient. about 99% of air can be bled from a t-system within the first hour or two. move things around and flick the tubing.
2. If that's a vario D5, turn the speed down and try to catch the bubbles when they are getting close to the t-line; switch off the pump when they get near and they will escape easier.
3. I noticed that when I added my MCW80 to my loop (Apogee XT, MCR320QP, DD CPX-PRO, ALL DD Fat Boys) the reduced system flow made bleeding easier.
4. I used an old NB Fan 3-speed resistor (mounts in a PCI slot) and slowed my pump down with that when I didn't have the MCW80, made bleeding XTREMELY easier.
5. Have some patience.
6. In case I forgot to mention it, be patient.

Peace out!

cesthree
10-23-2010, 05:43 PM
One more thing.

When you button that top part up, does the t-line lay down, like horizontal?

If so, then you will run a very real chance of letting air back into the system, that little bit at the top of the t-line.