PDA

View Full Version : can anyone invite you on steam?

wutsup
10-21-2010, 09:01 PM
hello all,

i have not created/set up my steam community profile, and just recently, i got a random group invite. is that possible even if you have not even created/set up your steam id yet?

zanzabar
10-21-2010, 09:10 PM
if u have any friends they can send u an invite to a group but i dont think that a random person that u have no groups or are not friends with can invite u to a group.

and its a good idea to not converse or join groups that u dont know and never put your steam password in anything but the steam log in window when steam 1st launches.

wutsup
10-22-2010, 12:44 AM
if u have any friends they can send u an invite to a group but i dont think that a random person that u have no groups or are not friends with can invite u to a group.

and its a good idea to not converse or join groups that u dont know and never put your steam password in anything but the steam log in window when steam 1st launches.

well i have not even created steam profile yet so i dont even have any friends on steam. so how did the No Heroes group send me an invite???

vazel
10-22-2010, 11:25 PM
There are people out there that have made plugins/apps that autoinvite people to their groups.

little_scrapper
10-23-2010, 06:43 PM
^^ Yea I figured as much. I get group and personal invites ALL THE FREEKING TIME!! I just delete them all.