PDA

View Full Version : First watercooling project done! Do these temps sound right?

Monkeyface
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
So I finally finished my water cooled 800D. I just wanted to extend my utmost thanks to the members of this forum in general for all their help, I could not have done it without them.

So do these temps sound right:
i7 930 no OC: Idle=30 | Load=50
GTX480 no OC: Idle=30 | Load=40!!

Mobo dont rly matter lawl.

I think temps are going to go even lower once everything is burned in 100%

Conumdrum
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Why don't you tell us what you have for your watercooling rig. With no info your trying to explain an elephant to a blind man.

Comon, we ain't mind readers..............................

Make a sig.

For all we know your using some crap temp monitoring system, and only ran the load tests for 1 minute.

Boulard83
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Why don't you tell us what you have for your watercooling rig. With no info your trying to explain an elephant to a blind man.

Make a sig.

For all we know your using some crap temp monitoring system, and only ran the load tests for 1 minute.

+1

Load with Linpack on the CPU.
Load with Furmark or OCCTgpu for the GPU.
Read temp with CPU Coretemp or similar.
Use something like MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU.

MagisD
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
And your useing x58 chipset which means your mb temps do matter. These suckers get hot.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

vengance_01
10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
CPU at load and no O/C does sound a bit high. But they are right. We know to know your setup, and ambient temperatures.

bleucharm28
10-11-2010, 07:12 PM
+1

Load with Linpack on the CPU.
Load with Furmark or OCCTgpu for the GPU.
Read temp with CPU Coretemp or similar.
Use something like MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU.

Make a sig.

+2

what is your ambient temperature?

Johnny87au
10-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Temps seem fine, But what is your vcore and your overclock like??? Mine at 4.4 with 1.37vcore is like 38c on air, hot as hell here tho!