PDA

View Full Version : Any 4-Wheelers Or Mudders Out There?

Rooster
01-06-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm a 4-wheeling/mudding/mechanic/gearhead/motocross racer/tri_als rider/skier/computer geek with a good lookin girlfriend. ;)

i'll post some nice pics of what i do when im not on the PC if the want is out there.

Is it?

Rooster
01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
This is my tropphy girl (aka girlfriend, going 2 years strong)
(last year's prom)

Tweaked!
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I used to be into 4 wheelin and dirt bikes, but for the last few years I haven't been able to back to it. I used to have a International Scout, Dodge power wagon, chevy 3/4 ton silverado 4x4, and several Jeep cj7s and a cj5. Best 4x4 out of those for me was the International Scout. That friggin thing had all the ass in the world (345 big block w/ a 750 dbl pumper and a chrylser 727 tranny) and would go anywhere!!! Also had a Yamaha 175, a Yamaha 360, and a Suzuki rm175.
But a wife, 2.1 kids, house payment, etc... pretty much kills those days. I'll eventually get back to it though. The wife used to enjoy it just as much as I did. :cool:

PyroTeknik
01-07-2004, 10:46 PM
explain 2.1 kids??

Susquehannock
01-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Below is an image of my '80 Cj7 after gallivanting in our
woods out back. The antenna never was the same after that one. ;)

You'd appreciate this if you are a true Motorhead
like me. ;)

The 4cyl. 2.5 "Iron Duke" engine has been completely
remachined.
Total Port & Polish, and Balance & Blueprint job. Everything
possible was remachined.
And the cyl. head has been heavily modified. Larger
'one piece' valves w/Chrome Vad. seats, Double Pontiac valve
springs from one of my GTO engines.
So as you can imagine, the rest of the valve train had
to be beefed up too.
I replaced the 'composite' timing gears with hardened steel units.
And the stock Rocker Arm setup with some Big Block Chevy studs
as well.
After all was said & done it's about 70% more HP than stock.
All work performed by yours truely of course. :D

Many asked why I spent so much time and money on the
4cyl. when I could have built a Small Block Chevy for
about the same amount of ca$h. I wanted something different.
The sb Chevy is so common. Besides, I can go anywhere
the guys with the V-8's can go, well maybe not through
the mud with big heavy wide tires.
But I'm not interested in who can sling the most mud anyway. :p:
For me it's all about crawling around and in that respect I can
easily keep up with those V-8 guys.
:bounce:

Rooster
01-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Susquehannock
Below is an image of my '80 Cj7 after gallivanting in our
woods out back. The antenna never was the same after that one. ;)

You'd appreciate this if you are a true Motorhead
like me. ;)

The 4cyl. 2.5 "Iron Duke" engine has been completely
remachined.
Total Port & Polish, and Balance & Blueprint job. Everything
possible was remachined.
And the cyl. head has been heavily modified. Larger
'one piece' valves w/Chrome Vad. seats, Double Pontiac valve
springs from one of my GTO engines.
So as you can imagine, the rest of the valve train had
to be beefed up too.
I replaced the 'composite' timing gears with hardened steel units.
And the stock Rocker Arm setup with some Big Block Chevy studs
as well.
After all was said & done it's about 70% more HP than stock.
All work performed by yours truely of course. :D

Many asked why I spent so much time and money on the
4cyl. when I could have built a Small Block Chevy for
about the same amount of ca$h. I wanted something different.
The sb Chevy is so common. Besides, I can go anywhere
the guys with the V-8's can go, well maybe not through
the mud with big heavy wide tires.
But I'm not interested in who can sling the most mud anyway. :p:
For me it's all about crawling around and in that respect I can
easily keep up with those V-8 guys.
:bounce:

if u say so, i can respect the whole want to be different thing, that's cool. that's still a sh#t load of work to do on that motor, i give u credit, me personally though, i love the tourqe of a V8 when clrawlin, im tring to get some pics of it, but my camera is shot so im in the processes of getting a new one,

just sit tight, i'll have some pics soon soon

hey, one more thing, u got the motor all nicey nice, wher's the lift and rubbers man, don't let that truck sit so low!!:p: (just messin, i like it)

MuddyRover
01-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Still trying to find a site to upload pics on here.

You can check my Rover out at these 2 sites:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/321462

http://www.discoweb.org/blakeluse

I still have to get some up with the new snorkel that I just put on though

jaawood
01-30-2004, 10:52 AM
that's pretty badass man. you got any pics of getting stuck or anything?...or does it even get stuck... I also like what you said on the cd website. There's tons of people now who buy hummers and big ass suvs....but yet they never see a dirt road in their life. very nice job, that light setup is pretty sweet.

MuddyRover
01-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah it gets stuck, lol. I don't ussually take pics of that, or don't have the camera when it happens. I had it stuck one time so bad that after crawling out of my window and getting waist deep in mud to hook my friends warn 8k up to the rear bumper, his winch stalls out and won't pull my truck out. So I have to wait for someone with a 12k to get there, muddy as hell. It looks a little different than it does in the pics, and I hope to have some updated pics next week.

Yeah people do get big suv's that either can't go off road like an suv should, or the people don't know how to use the vehicle to get them anywhere.

One more thing is that I hate H2's.

jaawood
02-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MuddyRover
I hate H2's.

me too:D :D :D

Silversink
02-04-2004, 01:22 AM
While my car is by no means a mudder, I have taken my Subaru SVX through the swamps and off the beaten track. When the people see my plowing through small trees and such they laugh .... usually I am towed out by a mudder when things go wrong :)

Had to repaint my car a couple times but the SVX is a tough bastard. 120,000 miles and its never been in the shop for serious problems.

Mines identicle to this one:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/503000-503999/503005_1_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/286000-286999/286975_5_full.jpg

jaawood
02-04-2004, 12:34 PM
cool, the subarus are definitley the kings of rally car racing. Is it all wheel drive or two wheel?

Peen
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Im MX + EB (Early Bronco) I got 01 Yz125 for sale all pimped out for sale , getting 04 for new season , maybe a 04 Yz450f. Got 69 Bronco with 36 SSR's 93 EFI five - o

Peen
02-09-2004, 07:51 PM
I would like to mention this, picture explains it nicely

mp3blast
02-12-2004, 07:42 PM
http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2002/losangeles/highlights/images/hummer-h2-03s.jpg

Hummer H2 ugly? Nah i dont think so, heh i think it looks cool but i woudlnt ever buy one

sandman
02-12-2004, 07:45 PM
it's a pitiful representation of a hummer.

Holst
02-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by mp3blast
http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2002/losangeles/highlights/images/hummer-h2-03s.jpg

Hummer H2 ugly? Nah i dont think so, heh i think it looks cool but i woudlnt ever buy one

Its definately ugly.

mp3blast
02-13-2004, 12:46 PM
meh

Silversink
02-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by jaawood
cool, the subarus are definitley the kings of rally car racing. Is it all wheel drive or two wheel?

SVX's are all wheel drive, I can't drive two wheel drives anymore. Whenever I'm out of town and rent a car if it rains I am always skidding and going out of control for a second or two. Once you drive all wheel drive you can't go back ;)

toolbox
02-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Holst
Its definately ugly.

Rooster
02-16-2004, 03:43 PM
the H2 is a piss poor offroading vehicle aimed for the consumer that wants 35" tires with with chrome wheels that would never touch dirt. all it is is an ugly body on top of a chevy suburban frame, with suspension modifications that are not designed to be used off road. if u want a car that looks big, sucks on gas, and about the only positive is that you can but big subwoofers in it to make it even more useless, the H2 is for u.

mp3blast
02-17-2004, 04:48 PM
holy crap, i wouldnt ever buy a car like a ford excursion or h2 hummer, too big and too heavy on gas

Donebalp
03-12-2004, 06:50 PM
nice

mp3blast
03-13-2004, 10:05 AM
wats this "Team Puss"??