PDA

View Full Version : what stores are out there

terramir
10-01-2010, 07:46 AM
what stores are out there for water cooling parts so I can do some price comparisons?
What's your opinion which one usually has the best prices
terramir

stangracin3
10-01-2010, 08:14 AM
www.performance-pcs.com
www.Frozencpu.com

only 2 i consider using

MagisD
10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Depends on location answer if you want to pay international shipping. Most of the time its not best price its who has stock otherwise you end up paying insane amounts of shipping and duties on a bunch of small packages

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

Darth_Penguin
10-01-2010, 08:36 AM
check out www.sidewindercomputers.com also, Gary has some of the most competitive prices out there. You can also check out www.jab-tech.com

WrigleyVillain
10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
FCPU and PPCs have ginormous selections but the smaller shops also have stuff like Crazy PC and Xoxide. Newegg and Microcenter also have some items. Petra's Tech Shop still exists too but no longer owned by him.

Petra
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
www.performance-pcs.com
www.Frozencpu.com

check out www.sidewindercomputers.com also, Gary has some of the most competitive prices out there. You can also check out www.jab-tech.com

FCPU and PPCs have ginormous selections but the smaller shops also have stuff like Crazy PC and Xoxide. Newegg and Microcenter also have some items. Petra's Tech Shop still exists too but no longer owned by him.

There's also Koolertek and UltimatePCCooling--I don't know anything about either of them but figured I should throw it out there for the sake of completeness. Heatsink Factory and Cooler Guys may also still have some water cooling gear (again, tossing them out there for completeness only)... and, of course, there's Danger Den (granted, they've been out of the cutting edge performance CPU block running for a while now).

Who am I forgetting... hmm...

stangracin3
10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
there's Danger Den (granted, they've been out of the cutting edge performance CPU block running for a while now).

you would thinks they would stop releasing a crapload of random accessories and release a new cpu block

WrigleyVillain
10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I've never understood why Fry's doesn't. Just not-so-great kits. I mean for a place with damn near everything else...

terramir
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM
All I want is a water-pump with res (a small res is fine) with 1.5L to 4L per minute that is easily mountable, as cheap as possible. Hmm Would also be interesting if I could adjust it with a Zalman fan controller or on it's own. but very cheap. Because I am adding a heater-core to the freezone I know higher idle temps, lower load temps with a rad added, but this way I can adjust it to be more efficient electrically and noise wise. people on the coolit forums have done this mod and it works. It's just this pump is driving me nuts.
Also it being adjustable I could test a theory of mine, that if I slow down the pump while the rad is added I may get better temps with less energy used, because of the higher Delta T of the water leaving the cpu block (to enviorment) and going into the rad. we'll see what actually works best experiments will take some time.
terramir

ericFX1984
10-01-2010, 07:56 PM
www.jab-tech.com

leo_bsb
10-01-2010, 07:57 PM
There's also Koolertek and UltimatePCCooling--I don't know anything about either of them but figured I should throw it out there for the sake of completeness. Heatsink Factory and Cooler Guys may also still have some water cooling gear (again, tossing them out there for completeness only)... and, of course, there's Danger Den (granted, they've been out of the cutting edge performance CPU block running for a while now).

Mountain Mods has some items too. I bought my PA120.3 from them some years ago.

Petra
10-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Mountain Mods has some items too. I bought my PA120.3 from them some years ago.

Ah, how could I forget about Ben and Mountain Mods :idea:

Waterlogged
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM

*cough*SVC*cough*;)

They've really pumped up their LC section the last couple of months.

Petra
10-03-2010, 07:46 PM
*cough*SVC*cough*;)

Oh, I didn't forget them... and they haven't forgotten me, either.

:lsfight:

Waterlogged
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM

:ROTF::rofl:

terramir
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM

Ah, how could I forget about Ben and Mountain Mods :idea:

*cough*SVC*cough*;)

They've really pumped up their LC section the last couple of months.

:ROTF::rofl:
LOL SVC I used them for CFL lamps and fan grills like 5 years ago, the prices were good but the CS (CustomerService) was crappy.
Well let's see what they got these days, and how responsive they are to e-mails. BTW petra is that your yahoo store I just ordered 4 barbs and the tubing from :s
terramir

Petra
10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
BTW petra is that your yahoo store I just ordered 4 barbs and the tubing from :s

Well, as WrigleyVillain mentioned, it was mine from the time it was launched in 2005 until the very end of December, 2009... Currently, PTS is owned and operated by Sidewinder.

terramir
10-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, as WrigleyVillain mentioned, it was mine from the time it was launched in 2005 until the very end of December, 2009... Currently, PTS is owned and operated by Sidewinder.

hmm to busy to run the store like your sig says alive doing science Whatcha do science wise ?

antiacid
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
for the more accessible parts, you should check up your local meta-search engine (we got shopbot.ca and pricebat.ca in canada, for example) and you'll be surprised at how many random shops actually carry these items and are willing to sell cheap.

Jokester_wild
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM

Sidewinder is where I get most of my orders from, excellent shop :up: