PDA

View Full Version : Can I make this LCS better? HELP!

LLiH
09-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Hello guys,

I have the following Hardware:
- i7-920
- HD 5870
- Corsair HX 1000W
- Corsair Dominator RAM, 1600MHz, 6GB
- Corsair 800D case
- 2 random HDD.

My LCS hardware:
XSPC RX360 (& a spare X-flow stealth radiator 360)
- Laing D5 pump
- 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD White tubing
- XSPC single bay reservoir
- Komodo 5800 Water block
- Apogee XTZ Water block
- Compression fittings, straight.(No angle)
- barbs
- Noctua Thermal Paste
- 6 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM
- Distilled water.

My question:
For my hardware. I am planning to cool down my GPU and my CPU in one loop. With the XSPC RX360 radiator in push/pull setup. I was thinking the following sequence of the loop:
[Bay-Reservoir -> D5 pump -> GPU -> CPU -> RX360 -> bay-Reservoir]

So what I want you guys to tell me is if there is any way I can make this loop perform any better, changing the reservoir, using special compression fittings with angle 45?

What do you guys think about my loop?

1) Change reservoir to something better/ more convenient?
2) Buy some 45-degree compression fittings for better tube management?

LC_Nab
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
On my setup, I go res>pump>rad>cpu>board>rad>res , from what I have read, For a bay-res its easier if you have angled fittings, unless you don't mind tubbing everywhere xD , you could use some of the ek res that go inside the case and not on the bays ( They have one for the bay too ), as for the 45 degrees sure everyone loves to have the best tube management but it could go up to $200 or more just in fittings if you have the money to spare sure why not :D, If you havent bought the water blocks yet, I recommend you check out Skinnie's test and tables about many waterblocks CPU,GPU . I'm sure more will add inn and give you better advice on this !! Good luck man and above all have fun !! Oh and pics please after your done xD

antiacid
09-28-2010, 11:53 AM
the easiest upgrade you could make is to switch to indigo xtreme, the rest is more than adequate ;)

LLiH
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
the easiest upgrade you could make is to switch to indigo xtreme, the rest is more than adequate ;)

Indigo xtreme? What is that?

Boogerlad
09-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Tim. Read vapor's review.

millertime359
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM

Make certain you read the instructions on installing it. It only works well when installed correctly. :)