PDA

View Full Version : water wetter any one ?

coolhandluke41
09-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Hello..dose any one have try water wetter? I like to try that stuff but i'm afraid is going to stain my loop.Thank you

Zeus
09-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Water wetter is a thing many people used years ago. It stinks and stains. Your nice clear Tygon will become pink over time.

I'd say don't use it. Plain distilled with a silver coil please. :)

penguins
09-14-2010, 10:51 PM
water wetter is from the days of speculation and no actual empirical testing of watercooling. please don't use it :D

Aedubber
09-14-2010, 11:18 PM
^^^ +1

Jokester_wild
09-14-2010, 11:25 PM
heh yep i used it back in my TDX days.... so long ago! XP-mobiles anyone ?

penguins
09-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Of course, they use less Watts!!! also put your radiator before your cpu cuz it makes all the difference in the world! and 1/4 and 3/8 tubing is light years behind 1/2"

turtletrax
09-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Of course, they use less Watts!!! also put your radiator before your cpu cuz it makes all the difference in the world! and 1/4 and 3/8 tubing is light years behind 1/2"

:rolleyes:

Manicdan
09-15-2010, 06:34 AM
it also foams up alot, and with todays micro pins and micro channels, it will SUCK waiting for all the bubbles to die off and bleed the system

and yes it stains your pretty tygon into pink

i just go with a hint of anti-freeze and forget it.

nysulli
09-15-2010, 06:55 AM
what everyone else has said, it'll stain your tubing, and it stinks, its a throwback to the days before silver coils and pt nuke, when we all though loop order was critical, and we all thought heater cores and 1/2" tubing were king

Vinas
09-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Heater cores were king. ;)

coolhandluke41
09-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Thank you everyone for quick reply:)
@vinas+1

NaeKuh
09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
errr u need water wetter if your mixing galvanic metals.

Otherwise avoid it.

Those days have long gone and past.

Heater cores were king. ;)

Cou*TOWER BONG*gh..

Heater wut? :wasntme:

gmat
09-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Man Naekuh, a bong and water wetter ? How could you sustain the stink ? This thing was already smelling foul through tygon walls...
(been there, done that: dont use water wetter.)

NaeKuh
09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Man Naekuh, a bong and water wetter ? How could you sustain the stink ? This thing was already smelling foul through tygon walls...
(been there, done that: dont use water wetter.)

lolol..

no but a bong is better then a heatercore.

and people were running bongs back then also.

Nol is a good example.
There was no way a heatercore was gonna keep up with his TEC's.
So he ended up bonging it.

nysulli
10-05-2010, 05:50 AM
lol, I remember the days of bong coolers, i built a 4' tall 6" diameter bong with a large rubbermade container as the base, only had to fill every few days.

just recently tossed it after finding it buried behind a pile of junk in my parents house

JasonDTM
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
water wetter, man havent used that :banana::banana::banana::banana: in ages

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

penguins
10-05-2010, 03:31 PM
oh man... that was right after i bought my Koolance kit, there was no way i was going to toss that thing for a giant pipe... but i always thought it was pretty fing Bomb...tried to use a glass one in a loop once ; ) ( put the bomb int he bong have a good party :D )

Grinchy
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Why do lot of people think that there's not goinf to be oxydation if not mixing metals. Anticorrosion is always needed! DIstilled water is aggressive like hell toward metals. Oxydaion due to the distilled "stealing " metal atoms is something different from galvanic corrosion due to different metals in the loop. and usually anticorrosion works like anti algae fungi as well...

Conumdrum
10-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Why do lot of people think that there's not goinf to be oxydation if not mixing metals. Anticorrosion is always needed! DIstilled water is aggressive like hell toward metals. Oxydaion due to the distilled "stealing " metal atoms is something different from galvanic corrosion due to different metals in the loop. and usually anticorrosion works like anti algae fungi as well...

Okay....................Grinchy. I don't use anti-corrosion since day one over 2.5 years ago. What am I doing wrong?
My rebuild log, scroll down..........
http://www.overclockers.com/annual-water-cooling-cleaning-rebuild-journal/

Anti corrosion isn't antifungal in the scientific sense. You have some off stuff peeps use in loops that kinda do both.

Myself, I use bobs anti nano stuff. Anti corrosion, anti spammer, and it's a 130 lb doberman AND a thermos!

bmaverick
10-09-2010, 06:25 AM
WW is good for a race car or muscle car for quick high heat performance. For Wcing it's rather useless overall.