PDA

View Full Version : Feser One start doing a problem for my reservoir!!!!

alex_kil
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Hello for everyone !!!
After using feser coolant for 5 month i discover what you can see on pictures...
Can you advice me how i can clean this stuff and what coolant to use ?
Thanks.

sn0man
09-14-2010, 01:24 PM
You can probably just clean it with a soft-bristled toothbrush or something similar.

I'm not a fan of any 'special' coolants - for ease & simplicity I'd say just go with distilled water + a silver coil.

Sadasius
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Ha wait till you open your CPU block!

Nothing beats plain ol distilled water along with some sort of biocide. Playing around with dyed water will look purty at first but ends up being nasty in the end with a major clean up needed. It all depends on what you want.

sn0man
09-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah, as Sadasius said, the same thing is probably happening inside your blocks as well. That's why I recommend the toothbrush.

The res itself you can probably just paper-towel off.

Erklat
09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
There was this guy here who made his own tints which apparently didn't gunk the whole loop when used.

But I agree, if the build dictates that the tubing has to be colored, I'd go with either colored tubing or sleeved rather than dye.

Alexandr0s
09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
There was this guy here who made his own tints which apparently didn't gunk the whole loop when used.

But I agree, if the build dictates that the tubing has to be colored, I'd go with either colored tubing or sleeved rather than dye.

The main problem with the crap that's been going on with Feser coolants, is that somehow, everyone got the ideas that dyes and coolants with glycol in them are the same thing. Basically, they're not. Dyes stain. Coolants like Feser break down and gunk the loop. Depending on the type of dye, you can remove it with just some gentle scrubbing, or sometimes some vinegar. The amount of cleaning needed to get rid of the gunk created by Feser requires a lot more time ;).

I'm pro-distilled, but I know lots of you love the shiny colors, and want colored liquid (colored tubing isn't always satisfying, I know ;)). If you do want that, please just get dyes. Don't go with the premixed. Preferably, I would recommend Mayhem dyes, just because the guy that runs it is on this forum too (mlwood37), and he is very helpful with any problems you have.

Also, small note, if you want a color that doesn't stain, get Mayhem's UV clear blue. It's not a dye it's a wired liquid, like mlwood37 describes it.

You casn find his thread here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230290).

alex_kil
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not really need a colour staff.
Than what choice i have ,to use a distelled water with silver coil and/or some of Petra'sTech PT_Nuke?

sn0man
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm not really need a colour staff.
Than what choice i have ,to use a distelled water with silver coil and/or some of Petra'sTech PT_Nuke?

No need for the "and" - just use one or the other, based on preference.

My opinion is go for the coil.

mlwood37
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Even though i do create dyes my self if your after purity go for kill coil + d-water, and make sure you give your system a dammed good rinse.

May i ask what Water Block you are running in your system. cos every one that's complained about fesser have injection blocks and this seems to be happening a lot lately.

Oh and that doesn't look like normal gunk to me ...

alex_kil
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Even though i do create dyes my self if your after purity go for kill coil + d-water, and make sure you give your system a dammed good rinse.

May i ask what Water Block you are running in your system. cos every one that's complained about fesser have injection blocks and this seems to be happening a lot lately.

Oh and that doesn't look like normal gunk to me ...

EK Supreme HF nikel

Aedubber
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Coolants= FAIL .. Distilled & Silver= Pass .. Distilled & Silver & Mayhems Dye = What you want the proper way personally.

Martinm210
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Nothing necessarily wrong with dyes, they just require more maintenance. When I was running dye, I pretty much planned to do a flush/cleaning about every 3 months. Distilled will let you go longer without cleaning because there isn't any solids suspended in the fluid.

Actually, there is no measurable performance difference between ordinary household tap water and the best of the best coolants on the market (with the exception of nanofluids). The most abundant liquid on earth happens to be the best performing practical water cooling coolant...also the cheapest and easiest to maintain. All you need is to avoid mixed metals and add a little biocide.

I think everyone starts out using dyes...something appealing about colored fluids flowing though your system ( I did the same thing). Then about one to two years later of cleaning up after the dye..you give up and go with distilled/colored UV tubing.

Stealth42o
09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Feser staining/clogging your system up? :shocked:

alex_kil
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Feser staining/clogging your system up? :shocked:

Not clogging yet ;)

Waterlogged
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Not so sure that's the coolant doing that. What tubing are you using, that looks more like plasticizer build up.

Conumdrum
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Not clogging yet ;)

Where did you get the idea or input to even use that stuff?

I'll say it once.

You need to fully, 100% tear down every part of your loop. Pump, ALL blocks, scrub tubing and get that res clean. I said it. Lets see if you actually tear it all down.

A drain and refill isn't enough.

Sorry you got led down the Feser path. You got some work to do Alex.:welcome:

mlwood37
09-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Not so sure that's the coolant doing that. What tubing are you using, that looks more like plasticizer build up.

totally agree with you build up is not like that, it is a gunky , sticky mess that normally turns clear, then green then black. All so you dont normally see the so called gunk build up till its to late. that looks like its floating on top of your water.

Personally feel as though every ones just blaming fesser for all there problems lately. (just my thought though)

alex_kil
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm using Tygon R3603 tube and XPSP reservoir.

Waterlogged
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm using Tygon R3603 tube and XPSP reservoir.

Bingo! Tygon 3603 is kind of bad with the plasticizer leech.

alex_kil
09-14-2010, 10:31 PM
And what the meaning of this,that u cant use it with coolant?

Waterlogged
09-14-2010, 11:01 PM
And what the meaning of this,that u cant use it with coolant?

It's OK to use but it will become cloudy over time. It will mostly clean up (not so sure about color fluids though, they may stain badly) if you can get a piece of rag or paper towel in it and some have reported that after cleaning, it stays clear. . .though, I suspect that how much time in the loop the tubing has may have something to do with how well it'll clean up and stay clean. One of the major reasons we put up with it is it's bend radius which is pretty good compared to some of the other stuff that ppl have used like plain PVC, PE or PUR.

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 12:20 AM
It's OK to use but it will become cloudy over time. It will mostly clean up (not so sure about color fluids though, they may stain badly) if you can get a piece of rag or paper towel in it and some have reported that after cleaning, it stays clear. . .though, I suspect that how much time in the loop the tubing has may have something to do with how well it'll clean up and stay clean. One of the major reasons we put up with it is it's bend radius which is pretty good compared to some of the other stuff that ppl have used like plain PVC, PE or PUR.

What do you think its better to move on distelled water ?

Erklat
09-15-2010, 01:29 AM
My water gets cloudy too, but I don't have plasticizer buildup on the res.
Those were some garden like tubes, pretty cheap, 3/8" ID so I could throw them
on without clamps on the 1/2" OD fitting. The bend radius is actually pretty good, they don't kink so easily.

Yes, throw away premixes. If it has to be dyed, and I understand it has sometimes, use mayhems to dye distilled water.

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 01:32 AM

Its just problem of tygon or also of another tubing?

Erklat
09-15-2010, 01:44 AM
All tubing which contain plasticizer. Most of the tubing actually does. Food grade Tygon does not for example,
but in return is harder to work with.

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 06:06 AM
All tubing which contain plasticizer. Most of the tubing actually does. Food grade Tygon does not for example,
but in return is harder to work with.

If i understand right almost all tube (Masterkleer,Tygon,Xpsp,etc) contain plasticizer.
Then I start to be confuse ,in first place i was thinking is problem with Feser :( than come also the problem with tube.:shrug:
If it will be the solution for all this problems???:D

Erklat
09-15-2010, 09:03 AM
If i understand right almost all tube (Masterkleer,Tygon,Xpsp,etc) contain plasticizer.
Then I start to be confuse ,in first place i was thinking is problem with Feser :( than come also the problem with tube.:shrug:
If it will be the solution for all this problems???:D

Correct, majority of tubing does. In my experiences leech is not that much
of the problem, it does make water murky, but does not build up in the gunk
manner. Only degrades visual experience. It is possible that what WL pointed out, but your worst problem is Feser premix.

Here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226632) is what you get with it.

Conumdrum
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
And this......... This is very recent.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4544766&postcount=1

Waterlogged
09-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Correct, majority of tubing does. In my experiences leech is not that much
of the problem, it does make water murky, but does not build up in the gunk
manner. Only degrades visual experience. It is possible that what WL pointed out, but your worst problem is Feser premix.

Here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=226632) is what you get with it.

Nope, haven't touched on the potential problems the fluid may cause. This particular problem, as I see it, is purely tubing induced. The plasticizer will leave a white residue film everywhere in the loop. I should also point out that it doesn't happen in every loop, the reasons for this are still unknown. It may be one single thing or a combination of things such as heat load, flow rate or bad batch of tubing, phase of the moon. . .we just don't know. :shrug:

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
:shrug:
But when i'm looking on the tubes its look ok.
I'm not running this a lot time something like 5 month and before 2 month i start to see that some thing happing with coolant and few days ago i discovered what you saw on pictures....
Also the question if it right that coolant take more heat from block than just the water?

Waterlogged
09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
None of the custom made PC coolant work better than plain water. My personal experience with custom fluids (original UV red PC Ice) netted temps that were 4°C worse than water. All the custom fluids also start with distilled water as their base and they just add things like glycol and dyes to the mix which in most cases, hurts thermal transfer.

Tubing is usually the last thing to show if there's a problem, especially if there's colored fluid in it.

CrazyNutz
09-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Dudes I know everyone has bad things to say about this stuff, but i've been using Fluid XP+ Ultra midnight blue diluted with distilled water, 1part fluidxp, and 2parts d-water. I had this for nearly 2 years, and have changed it once 4months back. I've had no gunk, no buildup, no algae, no foam, nothing in my blocks/rad/pump. Only thing is my tygon is just slightly staind blue, very, very
slightly. Also the color has never faded, although the UV has gotten weeker.

Erklat
09-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Nope, haven't touched on the potential problems the fluid may cause. This particular problem, as I see it, is purely tubing induced. The plasticizer will leave a white residue film everywhere in the loop. I should also point out that it doesn't happen in every loop, the reasons for this are still unknown. It may be one single thing or a combination of things such as heat load, flow rate or bad batch of tubing, phase of the moon. . .we just don't know. :shrug:

I slapped the loop together maybe a week ago. I cleaned it thoroughly then.
Loop is working for a few days now and I already notice the water is a bit murky.
When I disassembled it last time, I had some algae growth, but none of the
symptoms anywhere in the loop similar to those shown on the pictures. And I cleansed it thoroughly, disassembled everything to the bolt so to speak.

Also I should point that tubing I use are not quality equivalent of the tygon tubing.

Guess we will never know for sure :shrug:

But he needs to get rid of Feser for sure. After he does that maybe we could
pinpoint after a few months if it occurs again what induced this.

Waterlogged
09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't think the fluid has any bearing on this, I've seen plasticizer leech in just about every imaginable loop configuration.

Again, if you use a custom fluid, there is no guarantee you will have problems like those pointed out earlier in the topic but, that risk is always there. If you accept that risk, just don't come here looking for any sympathy if it gunks up on you.

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I decide to upgrade my loop i also changing a reservoir to Tecnofront "Axiom" 5.25" Bay Reservoir (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_318_663&products_id=27514)

Than what you say to use distelled water with kill coil or biocide or another coolant :D?

Waterlogged
09-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes, my preference is distilled water with a killcoil.

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 10:58 AM
And tube i want to leave Tygon

Erklat
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Tygon B-44-4X doesn't contain plasticizer. But I heard it's bit stiffer than regular Tygon.

alex_kil
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Tygon B-44-4X doesn't contain plasticizer. But I heard it's bit stiffer than regular Tygon.

I'm using 7/16 5/8

Bun-Bun
09-15-2010, 11:45 AM
I use premixed feser coolants and I haven't had any issues with gunking or crap in my blocks. Have had a bit of tube staining but that's it. More the 6 months between coolant changes.

Martinm210
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Good point..:yepp:

I suppose it could be rad flux as well...kind of has that consistency.:confused: