PDA

View Full Version : Fallout (4) New Vegas

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Who here is going to get Fallout New Vegas? I will be for the PS3 but it is available for PC and 360. I can't wait! :up:
What do you all think? Good or bad.

s0lid
09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I really enjoyed playing the Fallout 3, it was a fun game with couple flaws that made it too easy (fallout 1/2 ftw), for exsample you can get a insta-gib weapons right away if you know where to look for em (alien blaster for exsample).
And there were some silly bugs that allowed you to get late items right away (power armor for exsample).

Still it was really enjoyable game to play, just good game to spend time with all thought i like one part of that game VEEEERY much, liberty prime ftw.

So yea i'm looking forward of New Vegas's release and might buy it around release.

zanzabar
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM
i think that u are in the wrong forum, why would u go ps3 when fallout is a game about mods (and its a shooter so controllers are inferior)

The_Beast
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
I'll be getting it, I just don't know where to preorder it to get the best free swag

zanzabar
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I'll be getting it, I just don't know where to preorder it to get the best free swag

it dosnt matter as u just get the mod files from the internets and get them all :shrug:

The_Beast
09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
it dosnt matter as u just get the mod files from the internets and get them all :shrug:

I think if you pre-order from best buy you get a FO bottle opener, and if you order from game stop you get a .......

zanzabar
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I think if you pre-order from best buy you get a FO bottle opener, and if you order from game stop you get a .......

best buy u get paper coasters and an in game item, game stop u get a vault 13 kit for in game, steam u get a caravan kit in game. so u dont get anything cool that u cannot just dload the ingame files for it. i would skip steam though as im guessing they keep the securom and GFWL crap and GFWL dose not like steam or atleast did not in the past and thats why they have no minimum requirements as to gain pre orders before the backlash as its hard to cancel them on steam

Starscream
09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
The main reason to avoid Steam (atleast in Europe) is pricing.

Retail prices in town are much lower. Stuff thats 49.99 on Steam is usualy between 34 and 44 euro in town (sometimes even lower).

Im in town everyday anyway so i guess il pick it up on the day of release and pick up a sub and stil be cheaper then Steam.

RPGWiZaRD
09-18-2010, 12:11 AM
I will most likely get it but when I do I don't know. I enjoyed Fallout 3 but I used like 20 mods with it and made it play like a FPS game without needing V.A.T.S, increased weapon accuracy & damage, ability to blow up locked doors with explosives, more perks, character mods, new weapons, realistic gunshots sound, some graphical & environmental tweaks (trees), gore etc. Especially the accuracy and damage tweaks were important to me as I didn't like using VATS as I saw it more like a "aimbot cheat" almost. xD Also the weapon fire sounds of Realistic Gunshots sounds was by far the best sounds I've ever heard in a game and also loud enough. :p

I really enjoyed playing this game with the mods, It's a shame the main story was far too short and there wasn't close to as many sidequests like in Elder's Scrolls Oblivion either. That's my only gripe about it, too short.

boris_37
09-29-2010, 04:32 AM
I may get it i have not decided... it sounds fun.

I mainly stopped playing Fallout 3 because i bought the GOTY edition and it does NOT like the PS3. Once you get to a 9-10mb save file the game goes banana's and kind of ruins your whole gaming experience.

I think there will be lots of improvements and heck, it will be nice to be in an actual city. I found it sort of unrealistic to have all these mini towns everywhere with like 6 people in it. I know i expect a lot but no one would really do some of that...

Gareth
10-02-2010, 01:45 AM
I've pre-ordered the collector's edition, I loved Fallout 3 :)

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Role-Playing/Fallout-New-Vegas-Collectors-Edition-with-Preorder-Bonus-in-game-Classic-Pack/~r350883/?s=fallout%20new%20vegas

[XC] mysticmerlin
10-24-2010, 06:22 AM
So who has it and is it great? Money is tight so it has to wait a few weeks for me. :(

zanzabar
10-24-2010, 01:07 PM
mysticmerlin;4597638']So who has it and is it great? Money is tight so it has to wait a few weeks for me. :(

i have it on the pc, its great, the quality is not quite FO3 but its much larger

lowfat
10-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Not sure how buggy it is on console. But the one I downloaded from Steam is damn near unplayable due to how often it crashes.

zanzabar
10-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Not sure how buggy it is on console. But the one I downloaded from Steam is damn near unplayable due to how often it crashes.

mine dose not crash, what kind of crash are u getting. the only thing i had a problem with (other than the spots with miss matched textures and mysterious stranger getting stuck in slow mo for a long time) was the auto save not working affter u exit, thats an easy fix just make real saves and the launcher will randomly crash on me.

fallout3 was alot like bc2 were it ran strange things hard so it would crash if u were not all the way stable, especially with vram and core voltage, i would expect NV to be the same singe its just a redesign of the levels with an identical engine.

lowfat
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
mine dose not crash, what kind of crash are u getting. the only thing i had a problem with (other than the spots with miss matched textures and mysterious stranger getting stuck in slow mo for a long time) was the auto save not working affter u exit, thats an easy fix just make real saves and the launcher will randomly crash on me.

fallout3 was alot like bc2 were it ran strange things hard so it would crash if u were not all the way stable, especially with vram and core voltage, i would expect NV to be the same singe its just a redesign of the levels with an identical engine.

I run folding@home 24/7 so it is without a doubt rock solid stable.

Early in the game I would get crashes to desktop about 2-3 hours. Now I get lock ups every 5-15 minutes. Sometimes it will start responding again after 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Other times it will crash to the desktop after that time. But most of the time I have to power off my machine completely. I know it isn't just my system as well, I've seen a lot of other people on the internet with similar issues. That plus the massive slowdowns in some ares of the game and the half a frame per second in VATS. Last game I played that was so buggy was KOTOR2, which incidentally was an Obsidian Entertainment release as well. :down:

slaveondope
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
About 16 hours in the game and I forget all the game play issues due to the story line/missions.
Xfire doesnt work and once I tried playing with the cpu not crunching at 75% it did the Pipboy/VATS lock up FO3 did.
I just leave boinc at 75% cpu usage, no issue guess its the same multicore issue FO3 had.
Havent looked into many fixes though Ive tried a DX file or 2 for Xfire with Xfire working but poorer image quality and no improvement in fps.

The_Beast
10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm going to wait a while or until all the bugs are ironed out

Starscream
10-26-2010, 05:32 PM
The amount of bugs is just funny tbh asif they didnt bother to beta test it.

To start with there is the performance problem. Luckily a user quickly noticed what was wrong and made a fix and i believe there is now also a patch to fix it.

Am almost at the end of the MQ line and for the past 2 days have been doing the side quests to get the most out of it for a 2nd play.
Havent found any real bugs in the quests for the main story but the side quests are filled with bugs.
Some of the bugs are random and others wil always apear. Most of these bugs should have definetly been spotted while beta testing, its almost asif the beta testers only did the MQs and ignored all else.

Il be as vague as possible.
For example there is a quest where you have togo in a place and some dev put the wrong tag on some enemys there which can screw up the rep for the faction your actualy working for when you kill those enemys and you HAVE to kill them to get further.
There is a quest where alot of people have the problem that a specific person wont spawn (console players are SOL in this).

There seem to be a few random issues with companions that suddenly without reason turn hostile to a faction wich again can screw up your faction standing.

The companions level when you do except for one (Victoria) So i guess a dev forgot to check his work. One would think that they should have noticed this when Victoria keeps dying in every fight at higher lvls.

There are some quests that wil only apear if you have a certain standing. Because i dont want to miss a thing i googled them and i cant find a few NPCs that give those quests.
Those NPCs all belong to the same group. And in a previous quest i was offered help by this group but i declined (the game already is to easy). And im guessing that because i declined they never spawned. Im happy im on the PC so i can force them to spawn.

Luckily the community has already made fixes for some of these fixes.

Funniest bit is faction armor. The bigger factions have faction armor and when you wear it most will see you as a member of that faction. Your companions cant wear faction armor and because of that also cant carry it for you :/

Im with The_Beast.
Dont buy this game but wait a while till they made a few patches to fix the bugs because some of them rly piss me off and have taken the joy out of certain quests.

Also im having fun and im sure il lose many hours playing it but the game definetly isnt worth 50 euro.
At times its like playing FO3.

The_Beast
10-26-2010, 08:28 PM
snip

That's weird, I only had one major bug with FO3. After 200-250 saves all the preview images were messed up and sometime it transported me to the vault with nothing on, no weapons..... but usually I just restarted the game and it was just fine after that.

Starscream
10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
That's weird, I only had one major bug with FO3. After 200-250 saves all the preview images were messed up and sometime it transported me to the vault with nothing on, no weapons..... but usually I just restarted the game and it was just fine after that.

I had several bugs during quests with FO3 most of them were known bugs.
But i got to admit that FO3 had far less bugs then New Vegas does.

But seeing its the same engine as FO3 and not rly that diffrent from FO3 etc i would think that the game would be problem free out of the box which it isnt :(.

NV has alot of problems that never should have been in the game on release if they had actualy beta tested it.

lowfat
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I had a lot of the exact same problems in FO3 when it was originally released as I do w/ New Vegas. It blows my mind how Obsidian could not realize this.

I don't think I've really noticed any side quest issues yet, although for most parts I'll I have done is explore and loot. Most of my issues are graphical or w/ game crashing/stuttering. The fact that I paid $50 for a game that I cannot play at the moment is rather aggravating. I really hope they patch the effing thing soon.

wez
11-03-2010, 02:09 AM
I had a lot of the exact same problems in FO3 when it was originally released as I do w/ New Vegas. It blows my mind how Obsidian could not realize this.

I don't think I've really noticed any side quest issues yet, although for most parts I'll I have done is explore and loot. Most of my issues are graphical or w/ game crashing/stuttering. The fact that I paid $50 for a game that I cannot play at the moment is rather aggravating. I really hope they patch the effing thing soon.

Your GPU setup is highly suspicious.. Tried a single card?

overclockedamd
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I was really let down by FO4. It uses the same graphics engine...but i get horribly less performance vs FO3. It buggy as hell. The storyline isnt nearly as good as FO3. The whole game feels rushed to the shelves to ride the coattails of FO3's success. The one thing i really like is the weapon mod system they added.

[XC] mysticmerlin
11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
The PS3 version is good graphics and flow but after 2-3 hours of play you can expect a hard lock or crash to main screen :( Patch it all ready!

SBB
11-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone else getting poor performance with this game (on PC)?

I can play Fallout 3 at 2560x1440 maxed out and get 60fps solid, but with New Vegas I get 60fps most of the time but it often jerks and hitches around down to 30-40fps ... and it's not smooth at all! I tried some custom DX9 .dll file I found on the bethesda forums but after applying it the game wouldnt start :shrug:

Great game though, even with all its flaws... and there's a lot of them! :eek:

zanzabar
11-06-2010, 08:08 PM
i think that its a driver problem with NV, the same problem was on FO:3 and its to bad that the game is steam only so u cannot change the name to fallout3 for the exe.

the thing i hate is that vats will randomly not load or do it really slow

SBB
11-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Not had any problems with VATS myself, although i've only played for around 2 hours ... been work work work work for me this week (i'm at work at the moment!)

Hopefully by the time I get to give it a good gaming session it's been fully patched!

s0lid
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Ok I've played through once the NV, i had one issue with it, you could not turn off vats / mysterious stranger killcams. Not interested seeing somebody falling 5 seconds in slow motion during a nice gun figth expecially not the mysterious strangers killcam, that think takes like 8-10 seconds and you cannot skip it do anything during that time, ofc your enemies can shoot and attack you :E

RPGWiZaRD
11-19-2010, 02:19 AM
SBB, I'd recommend you take a look at http://newvegasnexus.com/ - you'll find a working performance fix dll there at least among other superb mods.

Here's some of my recommendations:

Better Game Performance - New Vegas (Game runs for me pretty much 60+ FPS all the time @ 1680x1050 and ultra high quality, stuttering is also almost gone)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36691

Nvidia d3d9 perf fix (works with ATI too but there's a link in the description for perhaps an even better fix for those cards)
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer (NSFW, you prolly need to be logged in to view anyway)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34702

-Project Mikoto- Beauty Pack PLUS - Hair - Eyes - Presets
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35878

MTUI (GUI tweaks for PC)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34902

Nevada Skies - Weather Effects BETA (Rain, sandstorms etc.)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35998

FOOK - New Vegas (Lots of new stuff)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34684

Realistic Gunshots Sounds (louder and more realistic weapon fire sound effects, makes the gunfights much more immersive :D)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35284

Distant Gunfire Sound Fix
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35331

Classic Fallout Weapons - New Vegas
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37002

Gameplay Revised (Especially check out the "less intrusive kill cam" mod)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34889

Below are following mods I recommend if you like to play it like an FPS game without having to rely on VATS which I prefer:

Fallout - New FPS (So you can play the game like an FPS game without VATS if you like with severely tweaked NPC health stats)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34736

Realistic Weapons Damages - New Vegas (similar as above, I like to combine both as I prefer not to have to spam several shots in the head and this will also kill weak/non-armored NPCs instantly by a sneak attack but you also die a lot faster, especially if you use the new FPS - Extreme version of the previous mentioned mod) http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35335

Advanced VATS and FIXED Autoaim with Improved Binoculars (for autoaim fix, IE, remove random bulletspread factor)
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36057