PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a second line to my SLI SETUP

hlonipha
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
In my setup im not running a second water line to the bottom card but I have seen people doing it. Should I ? Any benefit to it ?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6752/vgaloop.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/vgaloop.jpg/)

Please advice

Hlo:rocker:

Aedubber
09-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I think you should be fine since your going directly from your pump to the cards instantly and ESP with the pump your using .. Seems pretty good as is and what are your temps anyways @full load while benching or testing?

stangracin3
09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
dude scale down your sig it is way to big.

Church
09-13-2010, 04:35 PM
You need second line if you want to connect gpu blocks in parallel. If you want to connect GPU blocks in serial, don't connect second set of full cover inlets, and make shure to move top fitting in GPU waterblock set to the right, or otherwise flow will go straight through top block skipping it's insides with result of normal cooling only for bottom block.

hlonipha
09-13-2010, 05:19 PM
You need second line if you want to connect gpu blocks in parallel. If you want to connect GPU blocks in serial, don't connect second set of full cover inlets, and make shure to move top fitting in GPU waterblock set to the right, or otherwise flow will go straight through top block skipping it's insides with result of normal cooling only for bottom block.

@Churchy:What is the purpose to run them parallel? is basically what I was asking.

My temps are 35c idle and 58c-60c full load after I re-arrange my loop.

My volts are 1.150 and 1.175v

hlonipha
09-13-2010, 05:27 PM
dude scale down your sig it is way to big.

You come to the thread and leave no sugestions or valuable information but instead you correct my sig. what an idiot :cussing:.

You could at least provided me with some advice for my question. that would have been :clap:

Hlo :rocker:

Kaldskryke
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
hlonipha, if your loop is currently as you shown in your picture but without the "second line" then your first GPU is not going to get any flow.

The reason why people connect their GPU blocks in parallel (as opposed to in series) is that it reduces the total restriction of the loop (increases flow overall), but it causes each GPU block to get half of the total loop flow. The increased total flow of the arrangement can definitely benefit your CPU temps, and although your GPU temps might rise some, GPUs are generally less sensitive to temps (for OCing) than CPUs. The net effect is a benefit for most people.

Aedubber
09-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Your GPU temps are fine, i wouldnt bicker with anything for a minimal gain.

hlonipha
09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
hlonipha, if your loop is currently as you shown in your picture but without the "second line" then your first GPU is not going to get any flow.

The reason why people connect their GPU blocks in parallel (as opposed to in series) is that it reduces the total restriction of the loop (increases flow overall), but it causes each GPU block to get half of the total loop flow. The increased total flow of the arrangement can definitely benefit your CPU temps, and although your GPU temps might rise some, GPUs are generally less sensitive to temps (for OCing) than CPUs. The net effect is a benefit for most people.

Thanks
my current setup is not as the picture above.
My current setup is like the picture below.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5937/vgaloop2.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/vgaloop2.jpg/)

hlonipha
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Your GPU temps are fine, i wouldnt bicker with anything for a minimal gain.

Ok cool, I just did not understand the purpose of parallel routing.

Thanks

Hlo :rocker:

NaeKuh
09-14-2010, 10:18 AM
serial vs paralell.

Will it be better? slightly.. but almost negligibility.

Is the paralell better? Well it does offer more brace from card 1 to card 2. Lowers overall restriction, @ the cost of 1/2 flow.
It looks cleaner to some.

Is it better then serial performance wise? as i said it will be very small, that you wont notice it.
Its too hard to tell you which is better without personal inspection of your setup.

To be honest, id say leave it unless your bored.