PDA

View Full Version : TVersity: Streaming Media to XBOX 360 help!

[XC] Synthetickiller
09-13-2010, 02:27 PM
:welcome:

I'm not sure if anyone here has used this program to stream media to wii/xbox360/ps3 etc, but I plan on using this since it can play MKV files on an xbox360 without having to convert them to another format....

My issue is that I cannot get a mapped drive to be accessed.

If I go into services and open the properties to the one service running, it allows me to change my logon info. This is fine, but once I input the logon info to my server, the service won't start and won't find my media.

Has anyone had any experience working with this program? I have yet to find a walk through that works. TVersity's explanation doesn't work.

zanzabar
09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
do u have any firewalls running, if so u need to make exceptions for all of tverstiies stuff and its a good idea to turn the firewalls and such off until u get it working.

also make sure that u have it set up correctly for your 360 as if u dont have the media patch u need to install it from live or use different settings

[XC] Synthetickiller
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
I've been testing it. Most videos work, including MVKs. Everything is patched or prompts me to. Making the files work isn't the issue.

I have exceptions for the program in windows firewall as well, obviously, it's working.

It's just setting it up to see mapped drives. I figured someone here might know how to set it up. The forum dedicated to that program just restates the same things over and over again and many people can't get around it.