PDA

View Full Version : Question for the workshop modders

jayhall0315
09-02-2010, 08:33 AM
I have a few large pieces of arcylic/lexan that I would like to be factory cut by laser/water jet (the layouts will have 3 bends and are about 465 mm wide and are not something I could do well at home with a dremel, table saw, etc...). Do you guys know who I should be looking for in the phone book, where would I go and what type of prices am I looking at ?

I would also like to have two small (6 cm by 2 cm) aluminum blocks cut with the name of my case as well. A type of 3D name plate that is not something I could do well with a dremel or home tools. Who do you think I should have do the job and what type of prices would I be looking at ?

Thanks - Jay

Elpy
09-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Well it would be a good idea to mention where you live so people can suggest places near you :). Prices also depend really much on the place and where you live. There are quite big price differences so its usually just best to ask from multiple places..

jayhall0315
09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I live in La Jolla, California, about 15 miles from downtown San Diego. Time is not much of an issue, so I can drive anywhere (or ship it) anywhere in the Southern California region to find someone decent