PDA

View Full Version : XSPC MCP/DDC Stand Mounting

ScottyPimpin
09-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Has anyone used this stand (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22699) before? The rig i'm currently working on is 100% acrylic, the bottom which the stand would be on is black acrylic also :D

The case is already assembled and the paper removed from the acrylic so i'm trying to avoid drilling holes. The stand will most likely be mounted with it's back against a side panel but if that will cause noise from vibration I'll avoid putting it up against the panel.

I'm thinking adhesive may work with mounting the stand to the bottom but i'm worried about vibration being an issue..

Any ideas?

Blueking
09-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Has anyone used this stand (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22699) before? The rig i'm currently working on is 100% acrylic, the bottom which the stand would be on is black acrylic also :D

The case is already assembled and the paper removed from the acrylic so i'm trying to avoid drilling holes. The stand will most likely be mounted with it's back against a side panel but if that will cause noise from vibration I'll avoid putting it up against the panel.

I'm thinking adhesive may work with mounting the stand to the bottom but i'm worried about vibration being an issue..

Any ideas?

how about cooling of pump ? wouldn't acrylic make it more heat inside ? no pics from backside...

you can get gel pads that cover all plate that are faced to where it's being mounted ?glue it to acryl ?

mingbogo
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I have one but I have not used it yet. I am still investigating how to use it in my case. It is a solid L-shape bracket with 2 thru holes for the DDC pump on one side and 4 mounting holes on the other side. With this stand the way it is intended to be mounted will change the orientation of the DDC pump because inlet is on the horizontal plane while the outlet will be on the vertical plane, which is similar to the orientation of the D5 pump from a standard mounting position. I don't know if this change of orientation will affect the pefromance of the DDC or not. In regards to fixturing the pump with this bracket onto the case, I would suggest that you let the pump/bracket to be free standed on a thick rubber pad without being fastened down, as this method seems to work great for me so far with minimum noise from the pump resonance. Depending on how you fixture it, it can become noisier with the pump "hard" mounted to a surface even with rubber spacers. The tubing will basically restrain the pump in place so it can not go anywhere unless some force is applied to it. Nonetheless, it is another good product from XSPC that will give us more options to mount our DDCs.

ScottyPimpin
09-02-2010, 05:52 PM
That's exactly what i'm thinking.. I have some neoprene padding that's a pretty dense rubber.. i'll post pics up after I get it all built and let ya know what I come up with.

Thanks again, that's a great idea!