PDA

View Full Version : Samsung 2233RZ for gaming?

Craftyman.
08-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Hi, I'm gonna replacing my monitor soon and I want something with very low input lag in 120hz, would the monitor in the title be a good buy? it's about $275 new. I play some competitive gaming so image quality is not an issue. I don't have room (or money) for a good CRT though.

Sem
09-05-2010, 04:39 PM
ive been using this monitor since may 2009 and i love it
im a serious gamer and used to be a big CRT fan boy but i believe this is just as good as a CRT for gaming
and you get the benefits of saved desk space and perfect geometry

only downside is viewing angles and backlight bleed and inferior colours compared to a CRT
but most LCDs have that and we are stuck with it till OLED comes out in decent sizes/price

Caparroz
09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
I have one too for more than a year and the only thing I regret is that I sold the second one after i bought a big LCD TV for gaming.

Since 90% of what I play is racing sims I just ignore the big LCD and keep coming back to the tiny and blazing fast 2233rz. Colour accuracy and viewing angles are mediocre at best even after professional calibration, it's a TN panel afterall. But the smoothness more than makes up for that even when only browsing. You gotta see it in action to believe the difference real 120hz makes.