PDA

View Full Version : Need high quality fan splitter extensions

warriorpoet
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I have a small issue with my ATCS build that I have no been able to solve. It seems 2/3 current is heading down one side of my splitters and 1/3 down the other. The issue is I have 2-3 fans working at different speeds than everything else. While this DOES make things quieter for the fans that are receiving less current, it keeps me from being able to turn everything down to the 450 RPM range where I like record my tracks.

If y'all can recommend me some 1-2 3 pin fan connectors that do not have this issue, I'll be much obliged.

Thanks

Church
08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Hmm. Very wierd. All of those wire Y splitters for fans should be acting same. All should have connected together red and black wires while leaving tachometer signal wire (yellow one) form just one of them. Where/which have you bought yours?

warriorpoet
08-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Hmm. Very wierd. All of those wire Y splitters for fans should be acting same. All should have connected together red and black wires while leaving tachometer signal wire (yellow one) form just one of them. Where/which have you bought yours?

I know. It's annoying. I don't recall exactly, but I think it was FrozenCPU

Conumdrum
08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
It's not the current, you have split the parellel loop into a series parellel loop. There is more resistance on the loop with 3 fans, thus more voltage is over there. You can balance it only by equalizizing the fans or the resistance on each 'loop'.