PDA

View Full Version : Panel Mount Fittings?

tomb18
08-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi,

I am looking for panel mount fittings for 3/8 ID aqnd 5/8 ID. I have seen many people using these in Corsair 800D cases and they seem to fit into the 1" diameter cutouts on these cases. However, I have search all over the place to find fittings like this and I can only find Koolance fittings that panel mount and they are for much smaller holes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Church
08-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Panel mount fittings? You mean something like fill ports (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_393_623&products_id=28425) with G1/4 thread from both sides mounted in case panel?

Huww
08-23-2010, 10:22 AM
If your going to be using them with the preexisting holes in the 800D I'm pretty sure you'll need to pick up some washers as well since the fill ports are ever so slightly smaller then the holes corsair provides you with.

NaeKuh
08-23-2010, 10:34 AM
If your going to be using them with the preexisting holes in the 800D I'm pretty sure you'll need to pick up some washers as well since the fill ports are ever so slightly smaller then the holes corsair provides you with.

Yeah i had a problem the other way, with the holes being too small on standards, so i had to use the hex holes on my rack.

You may need to bore out bigger holes... possibly.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/External/DSCN0117.jpg

Kenjiwing
08-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I used the fill port connectors to go through my mid plate.

The hole was a 20mm hole.

tomb18
08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
AHA! Now I know what people use. Never realized it was fill ports! That solves the problems for the fittings, leaving only where to find black washers!

Edit: It looks like the danger den fill port is made for 1" diameter holes. It accepts any 1/4 fitting but i am not sure that the fill end is 1/4. Anyone know?

Huww
08-23-2010, 11:27 AM
AHA! Now I know what people use. Never realized it was fill ports! That solves the problems for the fittings, leaving only where to find black washers!

Someone mentioned home depot having them, but I didn't have any luck there yesterday.

I ended up with the normal silver ones and a can of spray paint :hm:

Akula
08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
McMaster-Carr is a good resource for that sort of thing, kind of pricey but probably less than Home Depot.

MpG
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Edit: It looks like the danger den fill port is made for 1" diameter holes. It accepts any 1/4 fitting but i am not sure that the fill end is 1/4. Anyone know?
Yeah, the DD fillports are G1/4 on both ends. Although the end with the plug is recessed several mm, so obviously comps aren't going to be an option there.

Church
08-23-2010, 02:27 PM
tomb18: depending on shop these can be categorised&called as fill ports / drain ports / stop fittings / pass through fittings and any combination of above :)
I might be wrong, but IIRC most of these had G3/8 outside thread (one on which you bolt on fixating ring to mount it in place). Anyway, check/measure first before drilling. Inside of course all of them have normal G1/4 thread from both sides fit for any fitting or stopcap.

tomb18
08-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, the DD fillports are G1/4 on both ends. Although the end with the plug is recessed several mm, so obviously comps aren't going to be an option there.

Is it possible to use a standard 3/8" barb with an o ring? Or will this not fit either?
Thanks

Utnorris
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I used the BP pass through fittings for my current build. The hole diameter was slightly larger than an inch. Then I put a barb on one side and a compression fitting on the other side, works like a champ.

OC Maximus
08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Hmmm...... Looks like I need to come up with something like NaeKuh's picture for my radbox project.

tomb18
08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I used the BP pass through fittings for my current build. The hole diameter was slightly larger than an inch. Then I put a barb on one side and a compression fitting on the other side, works like a champ.

I can't seem to find these anywhere. All the ones I've found are 5/8" holes.
Do you have a source or part number?

Thanks!

Church
08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
OC Maximus: tubing going through two cheap rubber grommets in case wall is way cheaper though then 2 pass-throughs +4 fittings :)

OC Maximus
08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
OC Maximus: tubing going through two cheap rubber grommets in case wall is way cheaper though then 2 pass-throughs +4 fittings :)

Thats exactly how I have my rendering. Easy simple and cost effective. Low bling ;)