PDA

View Full Version : Which Tube res?

jumper2high
08-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm considering getting one of those tube reservoirs such as the EK Multioption. The fill-drain-fill-drain-fill-drain procedure with the T-Line is starting to take a little too long, and I'm hoping the reservoir will make that a bit easier.

Anyways, I'm looking at the biggest (400mm) option from EK, and wondering if that's the best tube res of that size to get?

What would you guys recommend?

Church
08-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Bling wise best are FrozenQ's reservoirs (http://www.frozenq.com/) and iandh's Stealthres-es (http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g/c97/s165/list/p1/b186/IandH_Accessories-PC_Water_Cooling_Reservoirs-Internal_Reservoirs-Page1.html).

NaeKuh
08-21-2010, 10:12 AM
each vendor has there own mix and match cache.

Koolance has one, EK, Magicool, Iandh, FrozenQ, and Bitspower.

Personally they all work the same, so id go with whatever port options you feel are the best that you need.

200mm is probably ideal, 400mm will have mounting issues inside some cases.
I would honestly look at the 200mm unless you really have a use for a 400mm and u know it will fit.

jumper2high
08-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Not much into the bling factor, and EKWB will probably be easiest for me to order - so unless there's a specific reason not to buy that one in particular....I'd probably go for that.

'Bout the size, I've measured and re-measured for the 400mm rad, and it should fit EASILY. And I'm guessing - the bigger the reservoir, the less times I'd have to fill it up until the whole loop is filled and bled. Buying a triple rad without thinking how to mount it, I've learned my lesson - now I don't buy something unless there's at least 2 different ways to mount it easily. ROFL

Church
08-21-2010, 11:24 AM
EKs are fine and used in lot of builds. I'm waiting though for EK to release multilink res bottom for their new X2 60mm diameter reservoirs to be compatible with multilink port in their dual pump tops which currently are compatible with their old X1 50mm reservoirs.

Devil_Dog
08-21-2010, 01:07 PM
EKs are fine and used in lot of builds. I'm waiting though for EK to release multilink res bottom for their new X2 60mm diameter reservoirs to be compatible with multilink port in their dual pump tops which currently are compatible with their old X1 50mm reservoirs.

:up:+1

I was not happy about this at all.:mad:

zer0kewl
08-21-2010, 01:36 PM
just got a ek multi option tube res today 150x2

had some issues to make it run properly but dang its nice res and i got my loop in such way all i need to do is drain a little then remove 1 tubing and blow on it to get rest out.

i was expecting huge mess actualy draining water out but instead its more easy'r.

i basicly put mine staight on my ek x top rev 2 with male to male plug.

88EVGAFTW
08-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Get the IandH ones, I had one, far nicer in build quality and looks compared to the EK crap.

jumper2high
08-21-2010, 02:14 PM
One place from USA that ships to my country (without 100$ charges for shipping alone) does not have the i4ndh res of adequate length (~400mm).

EDIT: I didn't know Iandh only made reservoirs up to 275. Unfortunately, something longer than 360mm fits my case perfectly (while the rest is still okay, but not ideal).

They do look awesome, though.

Church
08-21-2010, 02:32 PM
88EVGAFTW: Why do you call EK reservoirs crap? Solid well built product with lot of options/possible setups. And that single caveat i mentioned most probably soon will be corrected by releasing apropriate resbotom part. It might be less bling-y then some other reservoirs, but not 'EK crap' in any case.

jumper2high: why don't you try contacting iandh directly?

ScottALot
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Danger Den has some nice tube reservoirs that mount onto radiators.

jumper2high
08-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Scott, thanks for the advice but I'm looking for a tube reservoir with emphasis on size, and mounting inside a case, not on radiator.

Bun-Bun
08-22-2010, 02:33 AM
I don't get bling reservoir's... they are awesome and I would like one but... in order to get the cool looking flow effects most of them have you have to have the level low enough to the point that it induces air into the loop...

What's the point then?

Church
08-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Well, "bling" of iandh's stealthres is of different type. It's from hidden inside thread of transparent middle part and well made mounting stealthclamps that aesthetically get out of view not spoiling the looks. Otherwise it's normal functional tube res.

jumper2high
08-22-2010, 05:53 AM
I do really like the iandh reservoirs, just a slight problem with it's size - it's a lot smaller than what I had hoped for.

Anyways, I've messaged iandh to see what other options may be available.

Nobundu
08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
I think I saw a post from Iandh mentioning that you can order different tube lenghts from him directly. Since you are already getting in touch with him, we'll see if it's possible.

88EVGAFTW
08-22-2010, 12:44 PM
88EVGAFTW: Why do you call EK reservoirs crap? Solid well built product with lot of options/possible setups. And that single caveat i mentioned most probably soon will be corrected by releasing apropriate resbotom part. It might be less bling-y then some other reservoirs, but not 'EK crap' in any case.

jumper2high: why don't you try contacting iandh directly?

Aesthetically, the IandH res looks much better with the hidden threads. The plastic clamps are cheesy IMO and cheap looking.

Church
08-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh, you just don't like the looks of it. To me 'crap' is reserved for bad quality products functionality wise like primochill T3 with 90% crack/leak rate, not something not bling-ish enough.

jumper2high
08-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Ahhh, I was wondering what was it about the Iandh reservoirs that just made them look better than EK. It was the fact that you couldn't see the tube threads :D

iandh
08-22-2010, 07:54 PM
IMO none of the tube reservoirs are "better" than the other ones, but each has a certain set of features/price that makes it better for certain users. My main goal was the cleanest possible look, but because of that I have to sell in a higher price bracket because of increased production cost. I actually like it that way, because each tube reservoir gets to have its own niche, and they don't seem to compete with each other excessively.

I can say, I wasn't a fan of the 60mm bitspower reservoirs because internal mounting can already be tight, and same goes for the new EK 60mm versions. One of the best things about tube reservoirs is that they can tuck in between the mobo and drive bays, so making them larger diameter doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It wouldn't seem that 10mm would make that much of a difference, but in some cases it can.

The "good" news is that now there's two seperate manufacturers with 60mm reservoirs on the market, I can make a 60mm version of the stealth clamps. Before, with only the bitspower version, it wasn't a viable product for me.

Waterlogged
08-22-2010, 08:02 PM
IMO none of the tube reservoirs are "better" than the other ones, but each has a certain set of features/price that makes it better for certain users. My main goal was the cleanest possible look, but because of that I have to sell in a higher price bracket because of increased production cost. I actually like it that way, because each tube reservoir gets to have its own niche, and they don't seem to compete with each other excessively.

I can say, I wasn't a fan of the 60mm bitspower reservoirs because internal mounting can already be tight, and same goes for the new EK 60mm versions. One of the best things about tube reservoirs is that they can tuck in between the mobo and drive bays, so making them larger diameter doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It wouldn't seem that 10mm would make that much of a difference, but in some cases it can.

The "good" news is that now there's two seperate manufacturers with 60mm reservoirs on the market, I can make a 60mm version of the stealth clamps. Before, with only the bitspower version, it wasn't a viable product for me.

Actually, there's 3 manu's. . .you forgot Koolance. ;)

ScottALot
08-22-2010, 08:17 PM
iandh's goal has been achieved in my opinion... his reservoirs are the best simple, sleek-looking reservoirs out there. Most tubes have a category that they're the best in, like FrozenQ's bling, show-factor and DD's ease of use.

jumper2high
08-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your input, iandh! Much appreciated.

Did you get my PM from a few days ago?

NaeKuh
08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I've learned my lesson - now I don't buy something unless there's at least 2 different ways to mount it easily. ROFL

:rofl:

welcome to the learning club.

i made that mistake a lot b4.

lol... sometimes greed gets the best of ya.