PDA

View Full Version : Clearance problem with GTX480 and EVGA X58 Classified FC block!

D749
08-20-2010, 03:33 PM
So I finally get around to unboxing my two new GTX 480. I go to install them on my first WC rig (pictures here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253509)) only to find out that if I put a card in either of the top most PCIE slots (rightmost slots in the picture) the PCIE release switch will not click when a card is inserted. It seems my full coverage EVGA X58 Classified block is a touch too high even though I tightened down the screws.

I tried tightening down the screws some more from the bottom but this doesn't help. Any ideas? I really don't want to dissemble the whole rig but I'm not sure if it is wise to run a card if it isn't locked down.

Thanks.

*I wasn't sure if this was the right sub-forum so please fee fee to move this post.

Hu1kamania
08-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I have heard of this problem with EK's FC Block for the 762 model and EK fixed it but putting grooves in the block to allow for proper graphics seating. I haven't heard of this problem with any other block though. Have you tried removing the block to make sure all of the pads are making proper contact? I have the 762 board with FC block and the pads are of various thickness to allow for uniform contact. You might check that, make sure you didn't put one of the thicker pads in the wrong spot.

D749
08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Good news. Impatience and a lot of push and prying paid off. They're in. Thanks.