PDA

View Full Version : Need New tv.

[DANGERDAN]
08-12-2010, 06:19 AM
I recently purchased a LED (ua46b7000) 46 inch had it for 2 months and sold it as it was horrible and so were the other 2 LED models which i tried.
Problems were that all the samsung has input lag and also horrific ghosting which i could see (others may not i just have sharp eye), it also could not handle fast moving scenes very well even with 100hz motion plus which i do not like cause it has a judder glitch and looks artificial.
Other than that the tv was ok calibrate ok colors ok contrast but could be better, Basically i want to know if there's something better out there for my High def moving and gaming needs obviously i do not like LED because of its crappy input lag and ghosting due to low level response time so would a Plasma be the go for me, Only thing i see wrong with the Plasma is the Burn in that they may still have. Even though they seem to mask it with simple techniques it seems to me its not fully cured just masked with pixel shift techniques.
Any and every help on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

BatteryOperated
08-15-2010, 11:33 AM
May I suggest the Panasonic TC-P65S2. I ordered on Monday. Arrived on Friday. Its wonderful.

Panther_Seraphi
08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Plasma Burn in is still there but only when left on for extended periods of time (were talking 5-6 hours here)

zanzabar
08-30-2010, 08:50 PM
i would go panasonic im not sure on the euro models but in NTSC zones the S1 and U22 are both nice aIPS and dont ghost or have input lag (but i think that your problem is pva/mva and and to large of a screen. i would skip samsung, sony or toshiba as they are only pva/mva.

maybe this one
http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/LCD+%26+LED+TV/TX-L37D28BS/Overview/4915581/index.html
http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/LCD+%26+LED+TV/TX-L42D25B/4719468/index.html

or a mitsu rear projection

EniGmA1987
08-31-2010, 10:08 AM
It is very hard to burn-in plasma TVs now days. The same exact image would have to be up for hours. What most people think is burn in is actually just some image retention for a small period of time, most noticeable when the TV is turned off at first. This is due to the plasma cells still having a small electrical charge that has not yet dissipated.

I have played 6 hour gaming sessions of the same game and not had a problem with burn in on an LG plasma, as well as an older Phillips plasma back in the day. Neither had burn-in problems. I actually used to use the Phillips plasma for a computer monitor for a while too.

wez
09-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Hours of SC2 and no sign of permanent burn-in on my Samsung plasma. Very low input lag as well, so can recommend it for gaming (ps50c550). Temporary burn-in will happen, but it clears quickly.

[DANGERDAN]
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I ended up getting the Panasonic Viera TC-P50VT25, dnt think you will find much better its the top of the line plasma atm and it has superior picture of that LED Samsung's or any other tv i have seen. It is the closest to the Kuro from pioneer on black levels yet and is very nice.

StickyRICE
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm using my good ol pana G10 plasma so far all games and movies are great.

EniGmA1987
09-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Thats a great TV DD! glad you like it

crackhead2k
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I have a LG and a Panasonic, Panasonic seems to be more resistant to the burn-in... but on both TVs they are both non-permanent and disappears as soon as I watch an episode of something. And its not even noticeable unless the screen is like black.

Grats on your Pana :D

Panther_Seraphi
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
IM not 100% sure but i heard rumours that panasonic made the plasma panels for the latest KURO series

[DANGERDAN]
09-05-2010, 05:43 AM
KURO Still selling ??

EniGmA1987
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Pioneer shut down it plasma devision. Panasonic picked up many of the engineers who used to work on the KURO model plasma TVs. I think I heard Panasonic is making the modern Kuro panels as well, but that would just be ebcause now they have the engineers and Pioneer no longer makes any Plasmas. Also, Panasonic's tech is getting better on black levels now which is nice and will only get better with time :)

[DANGERDAN]
09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Good to know, would anyone know how to switch the dynamic lighting off on the plasma's ?

Kingcarcas
09-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Too late, i always say DLP......

Panther_Seraphi
09-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Its usually i the setting for picture under dynamic contrast

[DANGERDAN]
09-07-2010, 05:07 PM
mmm na panasonic are very limited on their settings as they let the panel do most the work, i would presume if you could take off the dynamic lighting the setting will be in the service menu somewhere.