PDA

View Full Version : Move from triple to double rad?

Bodkin
08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi guys, need a bit of help. Currently have my system easily tamed at 100% load by my trusty PA120.3. However I want to move to a much smaller case for transport reasons, and have chossen a Corsiar Graphite 600t as my new case. I need to find a 120.2 raditor that can keep my current componants cool. Is such a thing possible, and if so whats the best rad. Cheers :)

Alexandr0s
08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
You might be able to pull a 20-30% improvement with push/pull and shrouds, but that would mean an extremely thick setup.

If you can fit such a thick setup, I would actually recommend stacked radiators, such as the Swiftech MCR stack. Stacking rads means sacrificing some performance (not sure how much), but it can be more easily fitting into smaller spaces.

Other than that, if you can only fit a single dual rad and a single row of fans, you'll probably need to sacrifice your hearing and get a GTX240 plus some 2000+RPM fans ;).

leo_bsb
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
You may try double 140 rads.
You can always achieve the same performance with a smaller rad, it will always depend on what kind of fans you use.