PDA

View Full Version : Hailea - Why?

Bikerz
08-04-2010, 06:59 AM
http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/manufacturers.php/manufac/114

Why doesnt anyone use them? Yes they expensive, but not 2nd hand on fleabay. I only WC at min and dont want to go soo far to worry about condenation so would one of these suit?

Snowman89
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I have been looking for one also and i must say that they are interesting. Specially since you can adjust the temperature urself instead of going all in and get condensation problems with a homebuilt.

ericFX1984
08-09-2010, 05:47 PM
because I have around $50 US invested in mine... :yepp:

just insulate and condensation doesn't matter at all

JWB
08-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Well for most people it wouldnt be a good choice as most want subzero and homemade. Also building your own teaches you alot and can be done very cheaply. But if you can get one cheap enough and water to see if it can enhance your WC setup then why not? You could enlighten us to see how it goes, but you would have to know you are the first person to try one here I think.

If you are from the UK then there is actually a review of a 500W hailea in Custom PC magazine, page 61 issue 85. But even their test shows its only maginally better then watercooling. Whereas a custom waterchiller can be running at -40C ;)

Hope this helps a little for you Biker :)

James

Darkstar782
08-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Plus you have to bear condensation in mind as soon as you go below ambient/room temp.

If you are not going below zeo then you are not really waterchilling imho...