PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here using 3007WFP-HC with onscreen display?

tomb18
07-26-2010, 10:08 AM
The Dell 3007... is a great monitor that is lacking in one area. It only has a brightness control but you cannot see the reading unless you install the software that comes with it. The thing is, it installs a program called lcdosd.exe which will work, but only in XP.
In Vista (x64) and Windows 7 (x64) there are a number of issues.
1) if you select the display property tab where the onscreen controls are, they work but upon exit, they kill windows explorer and it has to restart.
Ok I can live with this.
2) There is a small area on the screen (and this area corresponds exactly to the size of the lcd onscreen display) where mouse clicks no longer have an effect. It is a dead area.

This monitor is still being sold by dell, but the lcdosd update is not on their website, nor can anyone from tech support tell me anything about this.

So my question here is, has anyone got this to work in Vista or Windows 7 properly? If you bought the monitor new within the last year, did the monitor come with a cd? Is so, is this program included and what would be the date on it?

Thanks!

hecktic
07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
this isnt an LED moinitor is it?

Mikey7c8
07-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Nah it's not that new, it uses CCFL.

I'm actually somewhat surprised they haven't updated it, at least to address the connectivity options. Most high-end dell monitors have DisplayPort, and the 30 is the lone exception.

metachronos
07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
The 3008 has a ton of inputs. DP, HDMI, DVI, Component, Composite, VGA amd S-Video. It also has a scaler though so the input lag is higher than the 07.

tomb18
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
This is so frustrating.
If anyone here has bought this monitor in the last little while (few months) can you send me the file lcdosd.exe? It is supposed to be available on the dell site, but it is the wrong file.
Check out the thread.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19340164/19729901.aspx#19729901