PDA

View Full Version : Did i fry my Bios, or northbridge ? (Kd7-raid)

DeBastaard
12-31-2003, 07:29 AM
Right guys, so here's the story :)

Bought myself a Duron Applebred yesterday, installed it, tried to oc it but couldnt get further then 155fsb, so, i started burning it in on these specs:

Stock speed (1.4ghz), 1.9 Vcore, 2.55 Vdimm, standard Vdd as i dont have modded this board.

Now, i just thought, this should be enough burning-in , let's do some overclocking!

So i rebooted, went into the bios, and set the fsb too 150 still @ 1.9v Vcore, to let it 'burn in' a little more :) Also set the Vdimm too 1.65, in case it needed some more juice .. :)

Then, i just went out of the bios, rebooted ... and right after the POST, where you get some summed-up stuff about your hardware i only see 'CPU' ! Then it freezes. I thought hey wtf ??? so i rebooted again, went into the bios and all i got was a black screen, with a blue bar on the bottom , and a cursor on the top-left.

Right so i was thinking, this isnt good, reboot again. Going into the Bios again, and now all i get is this:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~vanderl/DeBastaard/crap/PICT1075.JPG

Anyone know what this could be?
Stuff i already tried:

- CMOS Reset with the jumper, didnt work
- Taking out the battery , power off, didnt work.

I've pressed a bit on the BIOS chip, in case it might have got a bit _loose_ (dont think it can happen, but it's worth the try) ... but that didnt work as well.

Specs for my system:

AMD Duron 1400mhz
Abit KD7-Raid with the latest BIOS
512 MB Kinston Hyper-X PC2700
2 * IBM Deskstar drives
Pioneer dvd reader
LiteOn CD Burner
Some cheap-ass NIC
Soundblaster Live!
Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti200 (recently put some AS2 on the chips of that, but dont think it has anything to do with this).

This is all being watercooled, stress tested with Prime95 for several hours, stable @ 40c core temp....

I havent switched CPU's yet, because it's pain in the ass to get the cpu out. 2 of those M4 bolts are jamming my ZIF Socket-clip :mad: So that's the last thing i want to try :D , besides, i dont have another socket A computer in this house..

Some dude on the IRC channel said, i might have damaged my northbridge :confused:

Well, i'm sure the Abit-peeps can help me out :D :D

tool
01-21-2004, 06:17 PM
try a different graphics card, thats what happened to mine when I stuffed up putting ram sinks on it :O

I have the same board and have never had any troubles from o/c so i dont think it should be cpu or northbridge