PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Flight Sim Fans

DScamp
12-31-2003, 01:47 AM
Which Flight Sim do you consider to be the best, all around, of all times?
:toast:

hedge
01-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I either didn't like the games in the poll or hadn't played them yet. I am going to throw the Freespace series in there because they were a combat flight sim, just in space.

Smizack
01-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Crimson Skies.

hedge
01-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Smizack
Crimson Skies.

Mmmmmm, Crimson skies. :slobber:

hollywood
01-05-2004, 10:23 PM
IL2 and IL2 Forgotten Battles..they have it all....graphics, flightmodels, smooth multiplayer...everything!!!

Lock On is coming along...but won't be ready for primetime until several patches.

Smizack
01-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by hedge
Mmmmmm, Crimson skies. :slobber:

Have you played it on xbox yet? It's badass!

sky
01-07-2004, 12:28 PM
il2 it just has about everything i want, nice simulation good variety of machines and nice detail

lockon, well i rented it and installing took way more time than it actually lasted on my drives. pos! judging from the screenies i saw before, it was a must, but having played it for a few mins - well i just didn't get along. i didn't like the controls as much and somehow it seemed to be lagging a good deal compared to il2 forgotten battles - which supposedly was done by the same guys.
and after all it wouldn't give me sound in the game - my mate got sound on his cheapo rig -grrr. but anyway, he didn't like it one bit either, so definitely no keeper.
if you're thinking of buying it hear me and go rent it first - would be a waste of cash! and i doubt patching will improve it that much.
just my 2 cents.

thanks for being able to rent stuff before buying - saved me some good deal of cash over the last few months!

hedge
01-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Smizack
Have you played it on xbox yet? It's badass!

Only the demo. I play it at work when it becomes really slow, like it is right now. Good story and great graphics.

Nookie420
01-10-2004, 03:08 AM
IL2, most realistic if u ask me, good graphics, runs smooth. pretty difficult though, keeps the noobs out.

Azimuth
01-26-2004, 01:43 PM
IMO Falcon 4.0 is the most realistic flight sim ever.

Semper Fi
01-29-2004, 10:33 PM
MS Flight Sim is one of the most realistic overall, Lock On hits the nail on the head for combat