PDA

View Full Version : New Wireless Router

UrbanSmooth
07-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Our home network has now expanded to two laptops in addition to this desktop that I now type from. I like to game while the ladies surf the web/chat/shop, etc. However, I have found that this actually does kill off some of my bandwidth and gaming seems to have a little more lag these days with the added laptop connection.

My question is, will a new wireless router help open up more bandwidth? We currently have a basic Belkin. Would this be a good upgrade: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833120168 ?

HuffPCair
07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
First how much bandwidth does your ISP give you?

Also a router should be able to handle those threee computers. I have five on mine and game just fine.

Also check your link dude.

little_scrapper
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM
You need a router with automatic QoS to give your gaming packets priority over grandmas quilting page. :)

I just recently bought the DIR-655 because it was only like $60 but I think its like $80-90 again now. If you can afford it, just go ahead and get a WNDR3700 or a E3000. Beyond that, as stated before, make sure that congestion is infact your problem.

brightwindow
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
You need a router with automatic QoS to give your gaming packets priority over grandmas quilting page. :)

I just recently bought the DIR-655 because it was only like $60 but I think its like $80-90 again now. If you can afford it, just go ahead and get a WNDR3700 or a E3000. Beyond that, as stated before, make sure that congestion is infact your problem.

congestion??? u might be right

HuffPCair
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah I could see quality of service not being the best. Also opening ports for your games will help a little.

I would try to narrow down before buying a new router unless you just want to get a new one.