PDA

View Full Version : Threaded Barbs and MCW462-UHT

Hell-Fire
12-30-2003, 02:37 AM
When screwing in the barbs for this block, how far do I go down?

I have seen pics where the barb is flush with the block and you cant see any threads period. On other sites I have seen running blocks with threading visible... :confused:

I tightened mine down as far as humanly possible and used teflon wrap to try to leak proof it a bit. I can still see a threading or 2.

Karnivore
12-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Pipe threading as used on the block/barbs is kind of crazy, it is actually tapered, not all makers are the same, yes size is standard but taper rate can vary. How far your barbs go into the block can be effected by the taper rate, and/or the amount of teflon tape you used. The threading in the 462UH/T goes almost the full height of the blue top, about 1/4 less actually. So plenty of depth there for the barbs. Sounds like you did just fine, as long as you have no leaking should be just fine.

Hell-Fire
12-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Thats what I was thinking as well. I took a measurement of the depth of the block vs the length of the threading and they matched up perfectly, but cant seem to get them flush all the way down....but they should be far enough.