PDA

View Full Version : if cable companies have to support m-card devices were do u buy them

zanzabar
07-03-2010, 04:51 PM
if cable companies have to support m-card devices were do u buy them? i was looking at getting a dvr but comcast wants like $20 a month, but then i looked at the models they had and they were all mcard. they have to give u a free mcard and a second one is only $2 a months so it looks like a much better option. so were do u get an mcard cable box. i was looking for something that dose mp4 and has a 200-500GB or replaceable HDD that would be about $250-360 as thats up to a year and a half in fees but i plan to keep it.

question 2 if i get one thats like the comcast one will it still have the guide and menus like comcast or dose it not work that way.

sorry if this is a stupid question

BeepBeep2
07-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You want to buy a new cable box?

zanzabar
07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You want to buy a new cable box?

sorry. are there any devices like tivo but that sync with comcasts system on cable card? it seams like there should as comcast has crap hardware or charges exorbitant amounts

Hell Hound
07-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I have comcast,so lets start with this fact:You can only access on demand with there box.To record you can,buy there box with dvr cost like $500usd,buy a third party dvr price varies,comcast cable box has video audio outputs.Buy tvtuner connect pc to tv,but make sure hdd is large 1min=1gb.:up:

zanzabar
07-05-2010, 12:22 PM
so basicaly i get a pc to use or i get screwed by comast or get screwed by tivo, even though they use standard cable or m-cards on all of the comcast devices and the same basic HD dvr from moto directly is $220 in canada