PDA

View Full Version : Spare Receiver

[DANGERDAN]
06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
I have a 7.2 Sony HT system which is good, I have a spare Marantz 2 channel receiver which is fairly expensive, Can this be used in my HT system at all ?.
Notes: I use Optical for sound input and the spare receiver only has analog input L/R and a preout.

Cheers

Conumdrum
06-27-2010, 09:21 AM
All you can get out of it is Stereo. If thats all you need for a pure audio source for cds etc, then it's great. It can't do 2.1 or 5.1 etc. So as a movie playback, not really.

Donnie27
06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
;4446801']I have a 7.2 Sony HT system which is good, I have a spare Marantz 2 channel receiver which is fairly expensive, Can this be used in my HT system at all ?.
Notes: I use Optical for sound input and the spare receiver only has analog input L/R and a preout.

Cheers

Use digital for the HT system and Analog for the Older Marantz, There's no reason to hot use both. You'll see just how much most of todays systems suck, especially Sony. It is not limited to Sony,New Harmon Kardon, Onkyo and others don't bring enough to the table either. I'm running a Harmon Kardon 247 but I using the front chs into an Old School Harmon Kardon 730 twin AMP monster that advertises as being less than 50 watts per channel. It has killed two sets of headphones and at least one set of speakers. I love my Pioneer down stairs but the Old school JVC powers set of Fisher 9v's.

lkiller123
07-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Maybe you can use the Marantz for your front channel. Look for the "pre-out" output in your Sony receiver, if you can find one, simply connect it to the Marantz.

ericFX1984
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
what are the model numbers?

you maybe able to use the marantz as an amp for the front speakers... maybe

[DANGERDAN]
07-11-2010, 04:23 AM
I think they both have a preout, if i could use the marantz for the front speakers that would be good xD will get model number later.

Donnie27
07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
;4465939']I think they both have a preout, if i could use the marantz for the front speakers that would be good xD will get model number later.

It is not just a matter of Pre Out. Mine in my computer room has a Harmon Kardon 247's main or Front Left and Right decoupled and connected straight to the AMP In on the the Harmon Kardon 730. Now too many younger folks here are to use to the BS way 99% of market states wattage.
I've 40 watt old school sound loud and clear as even the Vaunted Onkyo who is more honest than most of the rest. Sony being the worse and tells the wattage lie. Their 100watts Per Channel is more like 20 watts LOL!

The Home Theater PC is connected to a Pioneer 819 5.1 Analog Direct connection and the Front channels are shared with JVC RX 709V via CD In. It's about Dance Club Loud and crystal clear:up:

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr245/Donnie27_photos/Home%20Theater/PICT3648.jpg

Before I connected my current wireless KB and Mouse