PDA

View Full Version : Announcement for Stealth clamp/reservoir owners

iandh
06-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I've sourced a new USA spring manufacturer for the springs for the Stealth clamps, as my old supplier was refusing to quantity discount my orders for the stock spring model I was using.

Because of this, I'll be redesigning a custom made spring in cooperation with a local spring manufacturer, to provide approximately 20% increased static load tension on the clamps with only slightly increased force upon reservoir insertion.

Basically this means the clamps will hold the reservoir tighter, but without any increased risk of gouging the reservoir upon insertion.

I've had very little complaint about the tension as it is, but I feel if I can improve the product without hurting functionality, I might as well do so.

The main purpose of this announcement is to inform any current Stealth clamp or Stealth res/clamp owners that they may contact me for a free set of rev. 2 springs if they are interested. Please use the support email link on my website.

eKirts
06-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm in!

thanks for the announcement

zeropluszero
06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Email sent :)

zeropluszero
07-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Anyone recieve theirs?
Ian, whats happening with these?

iandh
07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Anyone recieve theirs?
Ian, whats happening with these?

They just came in, that's why the reservoirs are just now shipping as well.

I was quoted a few days by the spring manufacturer, and it ended up being a few weeks.

My first priority once I got the springs was to get product shipped and in stock, so customers who have been waiting for months can finally buy reservoirs, then after that's complete I will start shipping replacement springs for those customers that requested them.

zeropluszero
07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
fair enough. just wondering what happened here.

iandh
07-24-2010, 12:18 AM
fair enough. just wondering what happened here.

Not a problem... like I said I just wanted to take care of those that don't have reservoirs at all.

The change in the springs is something like from 8.3lbs at max load to 9.7lbs, it's almost not noticeable if you feel two clamps side by side with the different springs. They do clamp slightly tighter but it isn't a drastic change. Going too strong is risky because it could damage the reservoir.

I still want anyone who wants a set to have them, though.

Johnny87au
07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
awesome mate, keep up the good work!

zeropluszero
07-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Not a problem... like I said I just wanted to take care of those that don't have reservoirs at all.

The change in the springs is something like from 8.3lbs at max load to 9.7lbs, it's almost not noticeable if you feel two clamps side by side with the different springs. They do clamp slightly tighter but it isn't a drastic change. Going too strong is risky because it could damage the reservoir.

I still want anyone who wants a set to have them, though.

where my res is positioned i think tighter springs will actually make a difference. i've drilled the holes in my case too far apart i think, so the lower clamp is below the fittings :rolleyes: so it does run a risk of slipping out sometimes.
my fault...

dejanh
07-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Wow, this is some seriously good customer service! I was definitely not expecting something like this when I bought the StealthRes 225. Email sent :) Thanks!

iandh
07-25-2010, 01:34 AM
edit: dbl post

iandh
07-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi guys,

It seems that there is some misunderstanding regarding what is going on here.

I've gottten a couple emails from people asking me to send them some "V2 clamps", I just wanted to clarify from the last line of the first post, current owners can contact me for a new set of V2 springs, not entire new clamps.

The idea is that you get the new springs from me and use them to replace the old springs in your clamps. You keep the same set of clamps. If anyone has a problem doing this or is uncomfortable, let me know and I will take care of you as best I can.

It is a simple process but requires a 2mm hex key and ideally some sharp tweezers (to help with reassembly). If anyone needs me to, I can post a video.

If there is enough demand I can also pick up a pack of 2mm hex keys and send them along with the springs to those who need them.

where my res is positioned i think tighter springs will actually make a difference. i've drilled the holes in my case too far apart i think, so the lower clamp is below the fittings :rolleyes: so it does run a risk of slipping out sometimes.
my fault...

I may consider having an additional V3 version spring made, that is even tighter, which could be given upon special request. I wouldn't feel comfortable going any tighter than the V2 version for standard users though. As I said there is eventually a danger of gouging the plastic on the res when you insert it.

zeropluszero
07-25-2010, 03:39 AM
I may consider having an additional V3 version spring made, that is even tighter, which could be given upon special request. I wouldn't feel comfortable going any tighter than the V2 version for standard users though. As I said there is eventually a danger of gouging the plastic on the res when you insert it.

Its all good, i was aware that it was springs only, i have a 2mm Allen key and sharp tweezers. a video would be great though.

Ian, I would be quite happy to get a V3 spring set, the tighter the better really. the possibility of scratches or gouges on the Res from insertion is zero concern to me.

iandh
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Its all good, i was aware that it was springs only, i have a 2mm Allen key and sharp tweezers. a video would be great though.

Ian, I would be quite happy to get a V3 spring set, the tighter the better really. the possibility of scratches or gouges on the Res from insertion is zero concern to me.

Ok, will do. I'll get ahold of the spring manufacturer on monday and see if I can get something going.

dejanh
07-26-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm good with spings :) The current clamps do feel slightly "loose".

iandh
07-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Those that emailed me will begin to recieve automated shipment notices starting wednesday.

If you have contacted me prior to wednesday for your replacements and haven't recieved a shipment notice by Friday, email me.