PDA

View Full Version : 1 Swiftech MCP355 enough for 1 big loop?

Kvickstick
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello!
I have abit of a dilema. I can get hold of a very cheap set of EK Mosfet blocks and a EK full cover block for Rampage Extreme 2 from a friend. In short i want to know if my pump has enough power for my cooling system shown in sign + the new blocks. I am not after the lowest tempratures but atm i have the following temps:

CPU - Idle 37-38 | Load 58-59 (1 hour of IntelBurnTest)
GPU - Idle 28-29 | Load 39-40 (1 hour of Furmark)

I want to do it because it looks awesome :yepp: and i get the blocks second hand from a friend for a really good price. As it is now i dont afford makeing a 2nd loop. Any thoughts?

Also, my pump has the EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 and my EK GPU bridge is parallell.

Polizei
06-17-2010, 01:00 PM
MOSFET blocks don't really add much restriction and if you're not after the best temps, I don't see why you couldn't add them. I would.

Kvickstick
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
MOSFET blocks don't really add much restriction and if you're not after the best temps, I don't see why you couldn't add them. I would.

Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated! :up: The main goal i had of my liquid cooling system was to have lower temps/noise then air cooling.

Polizei
06-17-2010, 01:37 PM
To put it into perspective though, I've never actually built a water cooled rig, but I've been around on this forum for years, so I've picked things up.

I'm also from a time where people hated 90° elbows and used 1 pump for 3-5 block loops on a 120.3 radiator without issue. Seems to be a fad to run 1 block per loop with at least a 120.3 radiator and 12 elbows for clean tube routing, but that's neither here nor there.

You might want to wait for someone else's opinion on your situation before implementing it, but honestly, I can't see those blocks destroying your flow and raising temps noticeably.

Russ_64
06-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I think that you will be fine with a few extra blocks. You can check the spin res to see if flow is adequate.

Kvickstick
06-18-2010, 01:34 AM
To put it into perspective though, I've never actually built a water cooled rig, but I've been around on this forum for years, so I've picked things up.

I'm also from a time where people hated 90° elbows and used 1 pump for 3-5 block loops on a 120.3 radiator without issue. Seems to be a fad to run 1 block per loop with at least a 120.3 radiator and 12 elbows for clean tube routing, but that's neither here nor there.

You might want to wait for someone else's opinion on your situation before implementing it, but honestly, I can't see those blocks destroying your flow and raising temps noticeably.

I trust your opinion. :yepp:

I think that you will be fine with a few extra blocks. You can check the spin res to see if flow is adequate.

The flow increased by tons after getting EKs parallell Crossfire/SLi bridge, the flow indicator looks like a white dot!

Thanks both of you for opinions, much appreciated.

bomberboysk
06-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Flow should be fine, the ddc's have good enough head pressure and flow rate, and mosfet blocks don't really add a whole lot of restriction. You have more than enough rad space as well.

Kenjiwing
06-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I am currently cooling this on a single pump.. although I really am considering going to a dual pump combo (temps are also great)

EK NB/SB Block
EK Mosfets Blocks
EK 5870 Block
EK Supreme HF Block
GTX 480 Rad