PDA

View Full Version : I beg of YOU HELP!! me understand.

d1b1
06-16-2010, 01:51 AM
Hi!

I'm assembling new rig for a friend of mine.

The main parts are:
CPU AMD X4 II630
Mobo Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
PSU OCZ StealthXsteam 600W
Memory Geil 2GB 1333MHz Ultra DDR3

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate, everything was OK.
Today I have been trying to update the BIOS, firstly from windows vi Asus Update ap.

PC was shutting down, I have tried to do it via BIOS it self, after getting to one of its options, PC shuts down.

Antec case do not have the system speaker, so I cant even hear what can be the problem.

Its the 8th PC I'm building, and the first one with so many issues...

Please assist :)

Russ_64
06-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Did you complete a BIOS flash successfully?

Is it the correct BIOS for the MB?

Did you do a Clear CMOS after flash?

d1b1
06-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Did you complete a BIOS flash successfully?

Is it the correct BIOS for the MB?

Did you do a Clear CMOS after flash?

I have done all of this, all the basic steps were done.

I have of course downloaded the correct BIOS version, but when I'm trying to get to Asus Flash Utility on BIOS level , before I even get there , PC shuts it self down.

My fingers hurt me already from replacing the bloody CMOS pin.:-)

I am powerless in this instance...

d1b1
06-16-2010, 02:21 AM
I have done all of this, all the basic steps were done.

I have of course downloaded the correct BIOS version, but when I'm trying to get to Asus Flash Utility on BIOS level , before I even get there , PC shuts it self down.

My fingers hurt me already from replacing the bloody CMOS pin.:-)

I am powerless in this instance...

Art.-Nr.: Apparaat type Product
JCXUVA Grafische kaart (PCIe) Club 3D CGAX-57724I
HD1A68 Processor AMD Athlon II X4 630
TN6O30 Voeding OCZ StealthXStream 600W
TQXJ46 Behuizing Antec VSK-2000
MR#V99 Cardreader Card Reader 56in1 intern
CEBU35 DVD-Brander Samsung SH-S223C
TL6AX2 Case-fan Antec PRO 80mm
TL6AX2 Case-fan Antec PRO 80mm
GDEA04 Moederbord Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
AEBW36 Harddisks (SATA) Western Digital WD1002FAEX
IBIF8B Geheugen GeIL 2 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

These are all the components, I have taken the VGA card out since I cant use it for now. It is just strange, all of the components were goatherd to be compatible with each other. I have first started just with installed CPU , if it will start. And carried on adding more comps. After installing OS and driver for VGA, things started to go very bad.

If I would be trying to do some OC, OK , things may go wrong. But Every single time I leave the BIOS on default settings, I'm getting message OC failed, press F1 to run set up, and few seconds after being in there, shuts down.

Ive checked all sites for known problems, and so on, but found nothing there .

BeepBeep2
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
It could possibly be a memory problem. Try it with one stick of memory.

d1b1
06-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Solved :up:

PSU failure, OCZ Stealth X Stream 600W has quite high fail rate.

I’ve inserted one of mine old PSU´s very cheap one too) and it runs smoothly like my Subaru Impreza GT Turbo :D

I have searched yesterday on OCZ forum and found several similar issues .

As it happened, I find it very strange that, such a recommended company like OCZ makes such a unreliable hardware.

Consider this one as a warning.:rofl:

BeepBeep2
06-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Solved :up:

PSU failure, OCZ Stealth X Stream 600W has quite high fail rate.

I’ve inserted one of mine old PSU´s very cheap one too) and it runs smoothly like my Subaru GT Turbo :D

I have searched yesterday on OCZ forum and found several similar issues .

As it happened, I find it very strange that, such a recommended company like OCZ makes such a unreliable hardware.

Consider this one as a warning.:rofl:

They don't :shrug:...

My GameXStream 700w has been running for four and a half years man :yepp:...internally it's a bit beefier SteathXStream 600w and a few more connectors.

I have a set of OCZ ram and an OCZ water pump to boot.

If you know the PSU is dead, RMA it directly to OCZ. They might even give you a free upgrade. ;)

d1b1
06-17-2010, 01:02 PM

My GameXStream 700w has been running for four and a half years man :yepp:...internally it's a bit beefier SteathXStream 600w and a few more connectors.

If you know the PSU is dead, RMA it directly to OCZ. They might even give you a free upgrade. ;)

Well, I don't mean that everything form them is bad. I'm just stating the facts, from my event> It was not dead, but it did not worked properly. Ones he gave power to all components, once not.

Brother Esau
03-02-2011, 11:55 PM
For future reference.......NEVER FLASH BIOS FROM WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT!!!

TOO MANY THINGS CAN GO WRONG .....and just about all bios flash related problems over the years that I have seen have all been from people using Win Flash or doing it within Windows!

[XC] Oj101
03-03-2011, 12:51 AM

That would be your experience, you have to look at the bigger picture. I've owned three Asus boards and all three have had issues or outright died, does that mean that Asus in general has a 100% failure rate? Even though I won't touch another Asus soon due to my bad luck with them, I continue to recommend them to people and sell a few hundred every year :up:

RacingTurtle
03-10-2011, 05:56 AM

TOO MANY THINGS CAN GO WRONG .....and just about all bios flash related problems over the years that I have seen have all been from people using Win Flash or doing it within Windows!

^^This. Something everyone should learn.

IFMU
03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
this thread about scared the bejebzuz outta me!
I've the same motherboard on order arriving today for someone. building a rig for them and when i saw this thread i was starting to wonder if it was good to go with this board! lol
glad to see it was the power supply though, so at least now i'm just back to my normal anxiety level when waiting for parts when building a pc for someone... lmao

JumpingJack
05-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Quite right, never, never, never flash from windows. EVER!

Especially any utility for Asus!