PDA

View Full Version : IT7 sensor..wtf ;p

UaZa
08-21-2002, 03:11 AM
I had seen that some people @oc forums had problems with it7 sensor... well..

My idle temps didnt change.. yep.. @1800 , @2600, @2700 aircooled is always ~39-41 .. with AC on and ambient 18c it dropped..

Now watercooled i got the same problem....
but.. before i was reaching 61c under full load.. now just changes 2-3c from idle to full load.. running 3 hours of prime95... wtf?!?

bah... i think im gonna chill this think and go to 3k ;p

ehe.. now serious.. anyone is getting these high idle temps?

UaZa
08-21-2002, 03:15 AM
hmmmm i think i forgot to say .... i refilled my system with water around 15c to see if idle temps change.. and got the same 39c on bios.. ?!?!? :confused:

majormav
08-21-2002, 03:24 AM
mine always higher in bios as well ... i take no notice though as at least it will be higher than it really is so when o/clocking if temps rise too much it will shut down earlier ..

Neptune5k
08-21-2002, 09:19 AM
Okay, i just had a similar problem to this with my new P4 board. This is my first intel build in 3 years, so i'm not uptodate so to say. Anyways, I thought that intel required that motherboard manufactures have their boards read off the on-die thermal sensor. However, on this Albatron board i've got now, the Temp would always read around 40-44C. This is with serious cooling. When I contacted Albatron, they said that
"Underneath the CPU in the CPU socket, there is a temperature sensor diode. If you used a hi-end cooler fan, it may appear to be very chill on the top of the CPU. However, I believe the CPU temperature is drawn from the sensor which lies beneath the CPU socket. The PX845G PRO II at our testing bench has the idle CPU temperature of around 100 F as well."

-In the socket.... so we're talking athlon type readings here.

Now i have no idea if this is the case for Abit, but it very well could be, given the trouble people have had temp wise with the BD7-II.

Just my $.02

UaZa
08-21-2002, 09:54 AM
hmm.. i think i will buy a very thin probe to install between the processor & block and compare temps..