PDA

View Full Version : TT BigWater 760i

Klaian
06-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Anyone here know what the spec are for the compression fitting on the CPU block?

Waterlogged
06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Tt uses G1/8 threads on their fittings.

Klaian
06-12-2010, 03:44 PM
What about ID and OD of the fitting? BTW, Thanks Waterlogged for the information.

Waterlogged
06-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I just did a quick check on one of the really old 13mm fittings (no longer available from what I can tell) I have laying around the house and the flow hole is 6.5mm, and IIRC, it was the same for the 9mm tube fitting as well. :eek: Only Hose sizes I see that are available, are 6mm and 9mm.

Honestly, the only good thing to come from using Tt is actually having first hand experience as to why they suck, and that's not something you really want to brag about. ;)

Conumdrum
06-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Waterlogged, thats a great way to tell the truth. Almost good enough for a sig.

TT = problems and underperforming cooling.

Klaian
06-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Would you have a suggestiong of a compression fitting to work with this kit and a EK-Supreme HF High Flow CPU Water Block? That is my end goal to use TT BigWater with this block with compression fittings instead of barbs.

Waterlogged
06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Would you have a suggestiong of a compression fitting to work with this kit and a EK-Supreme HF High Flow CPU Water Block? That is my end goal to use TT BigWater with this block with compression fittings instead of barbs.

Please read the first thing in my sig. ;)

Captain_Harlock
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I really tend to agree with Waterlogged on most things, but not the blanket TT statement. Yeah, their liquid cooling line is just about worthless (though there are worse brands), they do put out some decent quality gear. Their PSU's and some of their cases are good deals for the money. Their smaller chipset coolers are also a good value when found on sale (or just so-so at full price). Now I've never bought their PSU's or cases for myself, but I've built quite a few rigs for others using them and none have ever failed or given any build problems. I'm not saying they are great mind you, just that they can be good deals for the money when found on sale. I would however suggest that burn any TT liquid cooling gear you get your hands on, that is if you can set fire to the ****.

As far as the OP's question goes, I think you want to get some TT itube t9. About the only way you are going to find compression fittings to fit that block is at a plumbing or appliance store. Even then, it may be a tough find. TT did sell fittings kits a few years ago, but I dont know if you can still find them. Other than that, you could always ebay some TT kits and salvage the fittings from that. You can ALWAYS find TT liquid cooling gear on ebay, mainly because most people learn the hard way and try to recover some green to replace the parts with better quality parts from other companies. Good luck though.

Waterlogged
06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I really tend to agree with Waterlogged on most things, but not the blanket TT statement. Yeah, their liquid cooling line is just about worthless (though there are worse brands), they do put out some decent quality gear. Their PSU's and some of their cases are good deals for the money. Their smaller chipset coolers are also a good value when found on sale (or just so-so at full price). Now I've never bought their PSU's or cases for myself, but I've built quite a few rigs for others using them and none have ever failed or given any build problems. I'm not saying they are great mind you, just that they can be good deals for the money when found on sale. I would however suggest that burn any TT liquid cooling gear you get your hands on, that is if you can set fire to the ****.

As far as the OP's question goes, I think you want to get some TT itube t9. About the only way you are going to find compression fittings to fit that block is at a plumbing or appliance store. Even then, it may be a tough find. TT did sell fittings kits a few years ago, but I dont know if you can still find them. Other than that, you could always ebay some TT kits and salvage the fittings from that. You can ALWAYS find TT liquid cooling gear on ebay, mainly because most people learn the hard way and try to recover some green to replace the parts with better quality parts from other companies. Good luck though.

Sorry if that's taken as a blanket statement, I only toss it around in the LC section. ;)

Captain_Harlock
06-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Good point on context of the statement. I will admit that one must blame TT as a whole for not fixing their crumby liquid cooling line after all these years. It puts a major black eye on the company as a whole and thats a real shame if you consider the rest of their stuff is pretty good and well thought out. But I have to assume that after all these years that there must be a good financial reason for them to continue on with such a lame line. I think it may be that they are one of the largest sellers of LC parts in asian markets (if not the single largest), so creating a whole different line of parts to sell to the west may just not be worth the money and effort involved.

BeepBeep2
06-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Instead of Thermaltake you'd be better off cooling your PC with a fire.