PDA

View Full Version : Need Voltmod for ENERMAX Noisetaker 470w [EG475P-VE-SFMA]

Dissolved
12-28-2003, 04:42 AM
These are pretty nice psu's on paper. so i desided to get one. The layout is different then older enermax's..

So im hopeing someone could buy one and mod it and tell us how?

Spec3
12-28-2003, 01:38 PM
What mods are you looking for? Should be the same as other psu voltmods. Just solder a VR inline with the vsense line and adjust as needed

Holst
12-28-2003, 04:01 PM
You can buy me one and ill mod it :P

I havent seen any info on modding these new ones... care to take yours to bits and see if there is anything in there to tweak?

Dissolved
12-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Holst
I havent seen any info on modding these new ones... care to take yours to bits and see if there is anything in there to tweak?

i did.. theres not even that many resistors on this psu as the other models..

this PSU has Dual 12v lines.. Which is why im kinda scared to do anything to it :\

Hell-Fire
12-30-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeh, thats a tuffy seeing the dual lines in there like that.

Can ya take a pic of the inside of it, pcb near the front (exhaust fan and ac plug), and of the ATX connector showing the wires?

Dissolved
12-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hëll ‡ Fîrë
Yeh, thats a tuffy seeing the dual lines in there like that.

Can ya take a pic of the inside of it, pcb near the front (exhaust fan and ac plug), and of the ATX connector showing the wires?

yea, ill try be4 tonight..

naelq
10-02-2004, 11:29 AM
sorry for the late late post, but i'm curious to know if there is any news about this subject?!

saaya
10-02-2004, 12:50 PM
enermax psus are apita to mod... and tbh in my expirience they are not worth the fuss at all...

Henesseynalert
10-08-2004, 04:53 PM
cut the thin brown wire on the 20-pin atx connector and the thin black wire also then solder 50K VR in between and it's done.....

Just modded mine last night.......currently 3.5V max...

naelq
10-08-2004, 05:09 PM
thanx dude! :D
BTW, what do you have to say about this PSU?! is it a good/stable one?! :)

Henesseynalert
10-08-2004, 06:44 PM
The Enermax has stable rails, would eat antec fanboys at stock for stock in full load but the OVP on this series will make you quit modding it.....

I had a tough time getting the 3.3V rail to 3.5V it just shuts down the computer.....

zaubara
11-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Henesseynalert, could you please post a picture of your mod? I did everything the tutorial told me to do, but its a no-go ...
Thanks in advance :)

genk
11-06-2004, 07:45 AM
i have a Enermax 475W noistaker too. Can i mod my psu whit this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37574) mod?

ps: i'm sorry for my bad english

Henesseynalert
11-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Henesseynalert, could you please post a picture of your mod? I did everything the tutorial told me to do, but its a no-go ...
Thanks in advance :)

For the Noisetaker 3.3V line mod, I used pcicee's enermax guide. Just cut the thin brown wire from the 3.3V(Orange) then find a thin black wire and cut it also from the 20pin ATX connector. Then solder 6.7K Ohm fixed resistor or VR set to around that resistance in between. Strapped the thin brown/black wire from the 20pin atx connector, you wont need them anymore after the mod is done. That's how far i tweaked it for. Lowering the resistance even more would not let the computer start. After the mod you should get about 3.50V max.

Now if i can find a guide to bump the 12V rail a bit. It would be sweet!!!

Regards, :toast:

di_entropy
11-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Just cut the thin brown wire from the 3.3V(Orange) then find a thin black wire and cut it also from the 20pin ATX connector. Then solder 6.7K Ohm fixed resistor or VR set to around that resistance in between. Strapped the thin brown/black wire from the 20pin atx connector, you wont need them anymore after the mod is done.

gonna try this mod on my E465P-VE (FCA) today as my vdimm is dropping from 3.20v right down to 3.06v under load :stick: .. i'll report how it goes later.. hopefully no probs

di_entropy
11-19-2004, 02:18 AM
tried the above method with no luck.. 3.3v wasn't changing no matter how much i turned the pot.. so instead i decided to try splicing the ground wire from the pot into the thin black sense wire, instead of connecting it straight up and taping off the ATX connector end

3.3v now at 3.45-3.48v.. i think OVP is at 3.5v because if i turn the pot even the slightest it will shut down the PSU

had some problems at first with some apps crashing but then i realised that my vdimm was too high.. was sitting at 3.28v instead of the 3.2v that it was at beforehand.. so i turn the vdimm down to 3.2v again and no more crashing.. also vdimm has barely any fluctuation on load now.. used to drop right down to 3.06v but now only drops to 3.18v or so..

however, my cpu temp seems to have increased by 2-3c :confused:

wierd.. maybe i nudged the HSF on accident..

used a 50k pot btw

edit: was failing prime after 10 minutes, so i had to nudge the 3.3v down a bit to 3.40-3.44ish and its been priming for 30+min now.. gonna leave it going overnight and see if its as stable as it was before the mod..