PDA

View Full Version : AN7 post codes?

Nevrsadie
12-27-2003, 09:36 PM
When I push the power button on my system, I get nothing, no fans nothing. Just these post codes 83,9A,9f and an alternating high/low beep. I have tried booting with just ram and video, changing ram slots. Seating and reseating everything, nothing seems to work. Please help.

Hardass
01-03-2004, 05:54 AM
Did you read the mobo manual to see what the codes mean?

StinkN1
01-05-2004, 06:45 AM
** Thank you for posting your opinion here on this mobo. But opinions do not belong in this area. If you can not help please do not post. Edited by Hardass. **

twiggy
01-05-2004, 10:21 AM
No they are not.......

Nevrsadie
01-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I finally did figure it out, my mboard was grounging out on a couple of the brass standoffs that werent the same size. I now have a new obstacle, my board will not reach high fsb's. I can get it to about 215 and that is it, no matter what the voltage or timings. I have 2x256 twinmos ram with winbond bh-5 chips, so I dont think the ram is holding me back. Another odd thing is that my comp wont boot with cpu interface disabled. Maybe some of you guys who have managed to get high fsb's with this board can give me some help/hints/tips. Thanks!