PDA

View Full Version : Using ICS, 802.11G and XBOX Live, is it possible?

ScissorClaw
12-27-2003, 05:03 PM
I just got XBOX live for XMAS and am trying to figure out a way to set it up with my cable modem. Unfortunately my cable modem is upstairs and the best option (and costliest) is to have the cable company come and rewire for the modem to be downstairs by the XBOX. Easy and clean.

However, I already have my house wired for 802.11G. I also have an extra NIC card in one of my rigs by my XBOX downstairs. Since the rig already has a 802.11G card, I figured I'd be able to plug the XBOX into the xtra NIC and get my connection that way by employing ICS. What does everybody think? Possible or not?

Dissolved
01-21-2004, 06:27 PM
i think they sell a wireless adptor for the xbox. that should be plug and play..

ScissorClaw
01-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Good idea, gee, I never would have thought of that. I'm trying to NOT spend money when I can do it for free.

Dissolved
01-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ScissorClaw
Good idea, gee, I never would have thought of that. I'm trying to NOT spend money when I can do it for free.

Well sorry for trying to help. you don't have to get anal on me.

JBELL
01-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ScissorClaw

Don't get bent when people try to help.... and to do it you prolly need two cards for your computer and turn ICS on or some configuration to that nature so either way you will spend money... my advice just run 50-100' of Cat5 and hide it along floor board or roll up when not in use....

much cheaper to go that way.

Smizack
01-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
Don't get bent when people try to help.... and to do it you prolly need two cards for your computer and turn ICS on or some configuration to that nature so either way you will spend money... my advice just run 50-100' of Cat5 and hide it along floor board or roll up when not in use....

much cheaper to go that way.

Yeah, especially if you use GS arcade.

I'd go with cat5.