PDA

View Full Version : 12781 points axp, 4200 need help with Riva tuner !!

morphling1
08-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Hi, I'm not realy much of an gf4 guy, I own radeon 8500. But I just got this card today, to take all measures for wateblock I'll make and after playing a little with it, went on to some overclocking and 3dmarking, here's my current score
12781 points (http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4243564)
I used some wpcredit tweaks, clean install w2k, drivers 30.82, the only gf4 tweak I was using is high performance in direct3d section. So now my system is pretty maxed out at 1980 and gf4 at 328/627 with default cooling and voltage, but I have one more ace, and that's Riva tuner, here is a problem I don't know nothing about those tweaks I just use it for overclocking, remember ati man,so I only know rage3d tweak :)
So now I turn to you guys especialy MrIcee for some guidance for fellow 3dmark teammate, and if I left any other tweak I would be greatfull.
And I must say I'm pretty impressed with this little 4200, if I owned this card I would volt-moded and watercooled it instantly, but for now I'm stuck with 8500

morphling1
08-21-2002, 02:14 PM
What nobody know nothing, at least tell me which drivers are better (if any) than 30.82 I used for testing

c0dy
08-21-2002, 03:36 PM
you have pm.. soon ;)

UaZa
08-21-2002, 04:18 PM
I need some LOD settings for each test too ! ;]

morphling1
08-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Thanks for that info cOdy, but I still have problem, I can't find those setting in my Riva tuner under power user, look this is how I see my settings:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/tuner.JPG
no aniso, no LOD, just those coded names, what is my problem ?

Malecky
08-22-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by morphling1
Thanks for that info cOdy, but I still have problem, I can't find those setting in my Riva tuner under power user, look this is how I see my settings:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/tuner.JPG
no aniso, no LOD, just those coded names, what is my problem ?

Yes I need a linkie too, but the lod bias :banana::banana::banana::banana: is totaly screwed up, it does not boost my score and the imageQ is soooo crappy that I would make it illegal to use in 3Dmark benchin but thats just me...

Well Morphling your sys is realy not tweaked coes I get a good 12K with lower clock on the lot... 13K would be easy for me just the card clocked a bit higher and nothing else.

morphling1
08-22-2002, 11:08 AM
My system is optimized through bios, to the max but win xp isn't, I have a lot of program installed which I need for everyday work, so this is just for primary testing. But my w2k is clean installed and tweaked so this is definetly not holding me back, the only thing that is, is that Riva tuner which I haven't used much, only for oc.
But now I finaly find where are those d3d settings, thanks to Buldog link. So I'll see if I can squezee some extra point, but 13k is definetly not easy, at least if I want to make test in one take, not that kind of test where you make only one by one, to me that is cheating. And don't forget that my card is limited to 325/630, and my memory to 183, so almost all that are in front of me have higher clocks.
And if it that easy to reach 13k, how come there are only four different guys over that magic number ;)

Maranello
08-22-2002, 03:51 PM
ok.... for riva tuner....

first go to the power users tab and find detonator/global, right click on it and select the yellow light bulb. now at the top colum there is a green arrow next to the word value.... double click this and change it to analysis.... now double click the value next to detonator global and change it to -10;+10.

go back to the main menu and choose the directx options.

*midmapping: test the LOD first but i found 5.0 works best to run the tests at once.

*depth buffering: uncheck enable w-buffer

*blitting: check the option... "limit the number of queued blit to the frame buffer"

*vsync: change auto to always off

*textures: kill all the dx7 options and uncheck the dx8 options for 8 bit palletised textures and 16/32 bump map textures. at the bottom change the degree of anisotropy to "force level 0"

*compatibility: uncheck fog

*antialiasing change to none then uncheck the box.

apply but dont restart...... go to the card settings. in the compatibility tab check "enable motherboard chipset compatibility mode"

click apply then go to the clock speed area and enable overclocking and restart.

Malecky
08-22-2002, 03:54 PM
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4100379

Compare link..my everyday screwedup WinXP installation not even defraged just tryed to BM and got this, I dont use rivatuner much and I had 315/638 on the card...still have to unlock my XP.... will be done 2morow get a lot of BW on my way but I need another drive so I cant reach 13K and I need to cool my GF wit somethin else than the frigin def cooling.

13 will be Ok and I will be pleased but I wanna reach 14K

Malecky
08-22-2002, 04:00 PM
Well maranello I did exactly 0 of what you just wrote:)

Hehe gonna do it though but you cant play games on that :banana::banana::banana::banana:.

I play CS@ 1280*960 4x AA and so on...all the Q setings to best lod in to minus regions...

c0dy
08-22-2002, 04:48 PM
sorry i wasnt more specific about geeting the LOD settings to change.. i apologise, didnt realize i left it out :[

morphling1
08-23-2002, 04:15 AM
Maranello, THANKS,THANKS,THANKS I owe you big time, that green arrow was making that I saw everything coded, and not explained, now I'll be able to tweak everything I want.
Btw yesterday I benched a little with LOD bias 3+ , the max I could use before you told me this, and my new record is 12955, so armed with this tip I hope to pass 13k.
Malecky, you think 13k is so easy with non modded card hmm... funny, and you hope to reach 14k, even 1k gap is hard to fill but 2k thats almost impossible, unless you are going to have pelted modded gf4 in the area of 350/700 ...
Btw with exactly the same setting as yours, I also reached a little over 12k, but to get that 955 point above 12k a had to clock my cpu to the limit and also GF4.
Also don't forget that I can't oc. my ddr over 183, but that got nothing to do with my score or how my system is tweaked, thats just my limit.

Malecky
08-23-2002, 05:37 AM
yes morphling 13K is easy...I still say that;)

14K is a struggle and I will not be there without a Vmod and mora than 2Ghz on my CPU... But I will get there....If I have to fill my swimming pool up with LN2 and dump my whole system in it:banana:

Bravo
08-23-2002, 06:06 AM
13k isnt easy for somebody who just purchased the card :(

Malecky
08-23-2002, 06:54 AM
mine is 14 days old:D

the first thing I do is overclock it...

UaZa
08-23-2002, 11:53 AM
my card is 2 days old: http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4258836
hehehe
gonna try Maranello's tweaks now ;]

UaZa
08-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Tnx maranello for +30 points :)

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4265183

Creative
08-25-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Maranello
at the bottom change the degree of anisotropy to "force level 0"
Greenberet from MO and myself have both decided that leaving this setting to determine by 3dapp gives better scores, plus makes it look bit better :D

On out machines at least :)

morphling1
08-25-2002, 02:25 AM
I'm getting close on 13k, if I could just sqeeze few mhz out of my cpu I think I can go past that, thanks again for tips guys, but I still wasn't able to find LOD bias range, just LOD bias adjust in power user d3d setting, I can't find detonator/global tab like maranelo wrote.
Anyway here's my new record :
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4277236

morphling1
08-25-2002, 06:25 AM
Hmm, after reading a lot of threads about wpcredit tweaks, I saw that I used all that tweaks, and still couldn't pass 13k, and the only thing I could think of is that my mobo is at the limit.
Could anyone verify that, I know that I'm probably the only one using Epox 8kha+ which I know that is tweaked to the max, and the only boards I saw at the top are KX7 and 8k3a for which I thought that sucked, but now thanks to new bios and wpcredit tweaks turns out to be quite good.
Just for comparison in sandra I get 2870/2720mb/s at 187MHz fsb this with maximum settings, what are you guys getting with KX7 and 8k3a at 187 and maximum you could tweak.
Please post good data :D

Maranello
08-25-2002, 09:40 AM
from the main screen click the power users tab....

Maranello
08-25-2002, 09:41 AM
this is what it looks like when done.

morphling1
08-26-2002, 01:55 AM
Thanks Maranello, at first I still didn't see any of those setting and after searching a little more I found out that I have to load riva tuner.rtd to get those settings, Wow whole new world of options appear :)
But yesterday I spend a lot of time tweaking with my current setup and bios and wpcredit, and finaly hit 13k
YESSS :http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4285241
Now with your info and email from Skatan with few other tips, I think I can get even better, THANKS GUYS BEST 3D TEAM IN THE WORLD

UaZa
08-26-2002, 07:49 AM
Hmm...morphling1... i wanna see those tweaks from skatan .. :D :D
can u send to me? uaza@watercooler.com.br

btw.. Congrats :toast:

UaZa
08-26-2002, 07:54 AM
btw.. your xfx is the BLUE (rev1.2) or the Black one?
the memory runned 640 all tests? If so.. try running nature first @645+-

morphling1
08-26-2002, 11:28 AM
Most of the tweaks were mentioned here for wpcredit registers 55/6a/6b/93/94, but I emailed Skatan regarding differences between my 8kha+ and his 8k3a+ , and he suggested that I use 2205 bios that should be the best, and driver version 29.17 and 29.42. So I reflashed to 2205 installed 29.17 and started tweaking and benching.
So after another few hours :) I manage to pass my previous best but not by much

So here it is : 13059 points (http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4288189)

I also didn't forget to change cmd rate to 1T because this bios is locked to 2T after 160 fsb.
So this is it I'm pretty much out of ideas, cpu is at maximum and so is the graphic card, I just sorry that this card isn't mine cos' it sure does overclock very well and with voltmod and water cooling it would difinetly shine.
And this one is blue xfx with maximum stable oc. for all tests 330/330 without artifacts, I can bench lobby and nature at 340 though.
I just don't know why my score in loby is so low compared with Skatans record run I beat him in 4 out of 7 test, but he just demolish my score in Lobby getting 10fps more in low and 4 in high, any more suggestions?
Maybe in what order should I bench for best score, because after benching single test I saw that I could get a lot more fps if I run just one test at the time only nature is pretty much the same.
I could get a lot higer score based on the results from single tests, is that normal that for every next test run in one session the score gets slightly lower then with single test.
Do you have any third party programs installed for boosting memory or whatever ?

spaceboy
09-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Maranello
ok.... for riva tuner....

first go to the power users tab and find detonator/global, right click on it and select the yellow light bulb. now at the top colum there is a green arrow next to the word value.... double click this and change it to analysis.... now double click the value next to detonator global and change it to -10;+10.

go back to the main menu and choose the directx options.

*midmapping: test the LOD first but i found 5.0 works best to run the tests at once.

*depth buffering: uncheck enable w-buffer

*blitting: check the option... "limit the number of queued blit to the frame buffer"

*vsync: change auto to always off

*textures: kill all the dx7 options and uncheck the dx8 options for 8 bit palletised textures and 16/32 bump map textures. at the bottom change the degree of anisotropy to "force level 0"

*compatibility: uncheck fog

*antialiasing change to none then uncheck the box.

apply but dont restart...... go to the card settings. in the compatibility tab check "enable motherboard chipset compatibility mode"

click apply then go to the clock speed area and enable overclocking and restart.

i get this error with these!
why? :(

http://digilander.libero.it/spaceboyz/3dmarkerror.JPG

spaceboy
09-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by spaceboy

i get this error with these!
why? :(

http://digilander.libero.it/spaceboyz/3dmarkerror.JPG

where i made a mistake?
thanks

morphling1
09-02-2002, 12:52 PM
I think you kill to manny dx8 texture options, turn off just those two maranello said

spaceboy
09-02-2002, 03:13 PM
i've found the mistake but i dunno why i got better result when the only tweak was lod bias at 3 :confused: and no other tweak

SKATAN
09-03-2002, 11:26 AM
hey spaceboy

i tryed messing around with the dx7 & dx8 textures and the gains where zero ;)

just tweak that biatch with wpcredit and overclock that sucker

spaceboy
09-03-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by SKATAN
hey spaceboy

i tryed messing around with the dx7 & dx8 textures and the gains where zero ;)

just tweak that biatch with wpcredit and overclock that sucker

hey skatan!
i saw your great score!! congrats!

but my ram is full tweaked at 200 fsb and my xp1700@1900mhz is quite maxed out... 200x9.5 i think is my best setup or maybe lower the fsb a little and try with x10 ??

it's my Gainward that sucks.. only 302/ 564!! at 570 i0ve "pause" in nature !

http://digilander.libero.it/spaceboyz/13514+sandra.JPG

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4371040

i've a Suma coming in I hope ;)

morphling1
09-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Wow, SKATAN great score, hope to be past that, me and Malecky will go in joint venture and try and beat that score, on his bit KX7 I'll make waterblocks for graphic card and cpu, then voltmod everything and then go for Kill :D

SKATAN
09-03-2002, 12:10 PM
spaceboy

are you using agressive timings and fast cpu comand decode ?

morphling

2 against 1 is unfair ;)

my card has a lousy gpu OC it will be easy to beat with a good ocking ti4200 with 40.41 it´s all about vid card OC

good luck in your quest , but it will be fairly easy , I just wish id be past fs 177 :(

ps: my best score was 14103mrks , but I lowered 5 mhz of cpu during the non game tests and the :banana::banana::banana::banana:in orb doesn´t alow me to publish that score
i dont understand as i know guys who lower about 150mhz on the cpu and the orb alows them to publish those scores , 3dmark is so annoyingly buggy

Malecky
09-03-2002, 12:17 PM
Were shootin for 14500 minimum morph..or else I bring the LN2!

I got 2x1600+ now...all the best I could get gonna get em 2morrow so wish me luck coes the best one will be the jackass for the tests keep:smileysex

My card is doing the same as SKATANs so.. voltmoded and WC will not be a problem
:banana:

morphling1
09-03-2002, 12:18 PM
:D
It's just using the best resources we have on our disposal.
But you will all be amazed in waterblock I already have designed for 4200/4400/4600 cards and I'm considering using direct water suply from the house with temp. of ~14°C and also have a lot better flow rate, so if us two won't be able to beat your score by quite a big margin then I will retire from this team and start growing flowers in my backyard :d

spaceboy
09-03-2002, 12:18 PM
spaceboy

if you click the 1° link you get the answer ;)
or this http://digilander.libero.it/spaceboyz/bench.JPG

do you think are agressive?

Madril
09-03-2002, 12:19 PM
spaceboy

morphling

2 against 1 is unfair ;)

my card has a lousy gpu OC it will be easy to beat with a good ocking ti4200 with 40.41 it´s all about vid card OC

good luck in your quest , but it will be fairly easy , I just wish id be past fs 177 :(

ps: my best score was 14103mrks , but I lowered 5 mhz of cpu during the non game tests and the :banana::banana::banana::banana:in orb doesn´t alow me to publish that score
i dont understand as i know guys who lower about 150mhz on the cpu and the orb alows them to publish those scores , 3dmark is so annoyingly buggy

Hellow my friend :P
How about getting some decent RAM ? That crucial Pc2100 won't pass 177fsb ... Try some ... Corsair XLS ... or something like that :P

Go go Portugal :P

SKATAN
09-03-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Madril

Hellow my friend :P
How about getting some decent RAM ? That crucial Pc2100 won't pass 177fsb ... Try some ... Corsair XLS ... or something like that :P

Go go Portugal :P

are you ofering some?

spaceboy

id say maybe they are agressive

Malecky
09-03-2002, 12:28 PM
It's just using the best resources we have on our disposal.
But you will all be amazed in waterblock I already have designed for 4200/4400/4600 cards and I'm considering using direct water suply from the house with temp. of ~14°C and also have a lot better flow rate, so if us two won't be able to beat your score by quite a big margin then I will retire from this team and start growing flowers in my backyard :d

Lool morphling I said the sam thing...just dont know where...

We still cant smoke anything you know my financial balance does not alow errors:)

15k Anyone? Must hit 15K I think we can get 2ghz from the CPU and more than 350/680 on the card.

My RAM will run the benchmark at 195mhz max timmings I think... or about 210mhz CAS2 interleaving and so on..we eill test what comes out better.

Just have to get the drive for the Win2K instalation to test it.

SKATAN
09-03-2002, 01:45 PM
well one thing is for sure

with an ABIT a fsb of 200 with good ram a card that ocs just about the same as mine if you guys cant beat the score done by my little oll crappy EPOS 8k3a at fsb 177 , before those mods and cooling , by a couple of hundred marks , then

you guys should retire just now or take lessons from MrIcee about abit tweaking :flame: :D

make abit users proud of you :flame: :stick: :D

:toast:

I wanna see you guys beat me by far on chase high and lobby high ;) :stick: :stick: :D

:toast:

Madril
09-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Jeje Skatan :P

You've still got aircooling ... haven't u ? :D

morphling1
09-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Ok, so the goal is 15k with 4200 and we won't stop tweaking until we get past that,now let me try some of those smilies :toast: :stick: :banana: :flame: :slapass: :lol: :rotf:

spaceboy
09-04-2002, 01:34 AM

are you ofering some?

spaceboy

id say maybe they are agressive

96% and 90% efficency at 200 fsb with 1900mhz on the cpu,54 sec at SuperPI 1Mb ,do you think are possible with 2T command or slower timings?

i told you my Gw 4200 is running 302/564 ,yours is doing 315/650 right?

the only tweak was lod 3/3 and i'm still on winXP by now!

Malecky
09-04-2002, 03:27 AM
Ok, so the goal is 15k with 4200 and we won't stop tweaking until we get past that,now let me try some of those smilies :toast: :stick: :banana: :flame: :slapass: :lol: :rotf:

Yeah...we will not stop until we rock:banana: :toast:

OK...enough with the chat...lets get to work!

Morhlin1...just w8ing for you now;)

SKATAN
09-04-2002, 07:58 AM
space boy

malecky´s ti4200 OCs just about the same as mine

mine did 315/650 only on some benchs (over the edge) in drago high it had to be 306/634 , with sparks flying all over the place

before you guys do a watercooled Vmoded etc etc bench ,
do a bench and show the superiority of ABit mobos

like I said you guys should be able to go a couple hundred marks over me before you guys go extreme ;)

an advantage of 23mhz of FSb surely beats by a long shot an advantage of 50 mhz of CPu , and the fsb advantage is even bigger if you use kx7 vs 8k3a

I juts wanna see how good those abit are , call it a warm up :stick:

go for it guys ;) :toast:

Malecky
09-04-2002, 08:06 AM
Hehe, you got it SKATAN....

even if the Abit does not fly much over your Epox...It sure will be setup in 5min for top performance...its soooo simple, thats why I love em...

Yes the card clocks the same as yours...but I smoked it once so.. I dunno 310mhz on the GPU is a sure thing but 315mhz must be a cool day

It realy heats up when benching and I think WC will help a lot...

morphling1
09-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Everybody who visit this thread, check this out, I'm posting it here because I don't wanna cause too much fus, until I'm ready to make them in quantity.
This is my new and improved cpu block design
http://www2.arnes.si/~mlivak/Newblock/New%20Block.JPG
Prototype of this block is cooling my cpu currently and if I'm getting 1980Mhz out of my 1700+ at 24°C water , hmm care to guess my oc. at 14°C :D
I will not reveal my new GF4 block design yet but it will be gpu + ddr all in one ultimate block, again with voltmods and chilled water I would say 350+/700+ for 4200 ....

SKATAN
09-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by spaceboy

96% and 90% efficency at 200 fsb with 1900mhz on the cpu,54 sec at SuperPI 1Mb ,do you think are possible with 2T command or slower timings?

my best is 56 seconds 175,4 x11 1930mhz 8k3a 2312 bios

in win2k ,I think winXP is a tiny bit faster at super Pi (1sec faster)

so my awnser is , maybe possible on a ABit at 2t

Malecky
09-04-2002, 10:35 PM
Oh....my god;)

Very nice again... realy like your bocks...If 15°C will not be enough we will switch to a box of ICE and a normal pump.