PDA

View Full Version : XSPC Dualpump res hosed

ahmad
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
I came in to my room yesterday and I heard the pump wasn't making the usual soft hum. I check the dvd drive below it and it's got some water on it. Checked the water level.. definitely lower than what I last left it at.

I'll post pictures later, but the entire thing is completely hosed. The front panel glue on half of the res has weakened and it became loose. The top res acrylic panel is completely unglued and deformed.

I drained the loop and I could smell the strong stench of glue mixed in the water. The acrylic glue dissolved and mixed with the water, and it has now stained my entire loop with black crap which I am guessing came from it mixing with the rad and the tubing and everything else.

What the hell? :confused:

Loop in sig.

Acrylic in loop = fail? Any recommendations?

Church
05-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Do you use some premixed coolant? I recall reading warnings for acrylic LC components about some of them containing some ingredients (was it alcohol?) that shouldn't be used with those components, don't recall specifics though, as intend to use only distilled in my loop. I'm shure vendor most probably has such things mentioned in instruction came with product or on website.

Feizy
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I had the same thing happen with my old XSPC Dual Bay DDC res. I sent an email to XSPC and apparently they had known about this issue for a while. They replaced it right away with the newer version and it has been running strong. They said it was a problem with the kind of glue they chose. But, I have no complaints with their new res.

Feizy
05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Oh, I was only using distilled water and some biocide. XSPC said that if the water gets to a certain temp the glue can start to dissolve in the old res. Contact XSPC on their website and give them some pics. They will probably send you a new one asap. They sent me mine 2 day air from china.

ahmad
05-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Only distilled churchy.

Feizy, that sounds exactly like what happened to me! I will contact them right away about this.

ahmad
05-27-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231415&page=2

Relevant...

Feizy
05-27-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231415&page=2

Relevant...

Yeah, you see that picture in post # 37, that is exactly what happened to mine. On my new one the top goes all the way back and over the back acrylic side where the threaded holes are. Kinda hard to describe, but the design is definitely different.

MegadetHCl
05-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Sounds like XSPC should just use Plumber's Goop hahaha, but honestly sorry to hear about the damn panels detaching from each other. I'm no expert at bonding acrylic pieces together, but it almost sounds like XSPC is not a solvent-based glue, the one that actually softens the mating surfaces, permeates them and "melts" the two mating surfaces together.

ahmad
06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
To be honest, no idea why the design fails. But I can say one thing about XSPC:

XSPC Customer Service is Awesome!

I sent them a message it was busted on Friday. Tuesday I received a package in the mail from UPS. Brand new XSPC dual pump res. Sealed.

It's the new design too, as Feizy said. The top acrylic panel goes all the way to the back of the res on top of the back acrylic panel, unlike the older design where the top panel did not cover the back panel.

I think from now on only XSPC stuff for me. For some reason, a company that leaves a good impression makes me feel good.

Unlike some where I call them up for RMA and they give me non-sense that "They don't ship to Canada". Garbage.

Go XSPC.

G4h4o8s6T
06-02-2010, 04:07 PM
^^ Yeah I got excellent service as well.

Sent email with pics, received email back next day saying they are shipping a new one out, received the new one(with the revised design) 2 days later straight from Hong Kong :up:

Been running the new one for about 2 months now with no problems.