PDA

View Full Version : Team joining?

OldChap
05-24-2010, 02:47 AM
I did not see the bit where I am seen as part of the XS team so....

How to join the team?

EDIT: I think I found it ...we'll see later :)

Mekoa
05-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Welcome on board!

Duh
05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I welcomed you in the forums and you did not recognize me, what a shame on you :D:D

you have that 50 megs line burning.. martijn is torrenting and downloading pr0n and canīt share his dutch fine internetSS, show us some britainīs finest :clap::clap:

OldChap
05-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Duh has left the building....doesn't have the same ring huh? :D

I'd love to get this running well but I've yet to get to the bottom of the connection error thing.

I'll pm Dave about this but basically I crawled 200/60 for 30 hours ok on my xp rig but it is doing something odd so that when I came home today runtime was showing as 1 hour + and not connected

The Vista rig (qx) has run @ 175/55 since I re-booted 21 hours ago but shows 16 hours of runtime :shrug:

The xp rig (giga) really struggles with conn errors ...at first glance this seems to go wild when WCG is uploading or should I say GPUGrid (not sure but will check tomorrow)

Shame really because I thought I could really push it

DeadlyFire
05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Duh has left the building....doesn't have the same ring huh? :D

I'd love to get this running well but I've yet to get to the bottom of the connection error thing.

I'll pm Dave about this but basically I crawled 200/60 for 30 hours ok on my xp rig but it is doing something odd so that when I came home today runtime was showing as 1 hour + and not connected

The Vista rig (qx) has run @ 175/55 since I re-booted 21 hours ago but shows 16 hours of runtime :shrug:

The xp rig (giga) really struggles with conn errors ...at first glance this seems to go wild when WCG is uploading or should I say GPUGrid (not sure but will check tomorrow)

Shame really because I thought I could really push it

Have you checked firewall/antivirus settings? When I have my Microsoft Security Essentials realtime protection on it slows my crawling incredibly. For the runtime showing as 16 hours instead of 21, that's usually due to the client restarting itself, happens every now and then.

Is the WinXP rig on wireless? I might be imagining it but did you mention you have 2 separate internet connections? If so, MJ12 and wireless don't mix very well unfortunately unless the wireless signal is very strong.

OldChap
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
The more I watch this the more I think the Giga rig fails when uploading gpugrid results...I'll have the whole weekend to beat this. I've just ordered a couple of long ethernet cables so Everything can be wired to the router direct, using Gigabit and not be on a hub at 100. so one step at a time then one rig at a time and a day or two with just MJ12 and WCG to watch if they can co-exist or whether I need to change settings in either to make this work

Duh
05-29-2010, 10:46 AM
The more I watch this the more I think the Giga rig fails when uploading gpugrid results...I'll have the whole weekend to beat this. I've just ordered a couple of long ethernet cables so Everything can be wired to the router direct, using Gigabit and not be on a hub at 100. so one step at a time then one rig at a time and a day or two with just MJ12 and WCG to watch if they can co-exist or whether I need to change settings in either to make this work

would love to have a farm with such a good blend ( MJ2 and wcg). 50 megs is :eek::eek::eek:

=[PULSAR]=
06-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Well this seems to be as good as a place as any. How do you join a team? I have it running already :D

Mekoa
06-04-2010, 05:41 AM
=;4418750']Well this seems to be as good as a place as any. How do you join a team? I have it running already :D

You already found out it seems. Welcome to XS MJ12 :) :welcome: