PDA

View Full Version : New here

Disposibleteen
05-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Just joined the team. The client installed without a hitch and was able to join XS team i believe. I am having trouble with two things though. First off im on a 15/1mb cable line with unlimited data up/down monthly and am having trouble getting anywhere near maxing out the line with MJ-12. I'm only getting about half speed. I read the sticky and believe i have everything configured correctly so any help on that would be great. Secondly if someone could give me a link to a stats page so i can track my stats and the teams stats overall that would also be helpful.

Thanks guys!

skycrane
05-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Free-dc.com
Is a good stats page. Just scroll down to mj12 click on it, and it will pop up the stats for the project.

DeadlyFire
05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Have you maxed out the downstream and upstream sliders on the Connection tab? If you're running under Windows XP, there is a limit of how many TCP connections Windows may make(Vista SP2 & Win 7 not applicable), but it is adjustable (http://www.techiecorner.com/34/how-to-adjust-your-window-xp-tcp-connection-to-boost-your-bt-download-speed/)(default is 10, try 500 and up). Also, try increasing the number of workers until you see your max speed reached(200-250 workers and 40-60 buckets is a good start).