PDA

View Full Version : HDMI 1.4a!

Donnie27
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Introducing HDMI 1.4/a

The HDMI standard just got a lot more powerful, with new capabilities designed to push the boundaries of the HD experience – both in the home and on the go.

3D TV is cool but where is all the 3D source material? HDMI even says"

Buying Guide

The HDMI specification is an evolving standard, so revisions and improvements are to be expected. But that doesn’t mean that newer versions are inherently better than older versions, or that you should always look for the latest HDMI version when you’re shopping for equipment.

Just like so called Audiophools talking about $500 cables and Monster Selling old tech as new, HDMI.org means to help, not ripp anyone off. Sure there are dos and don'ts but they can easily be found on on their site. Armed with the real specs and FAQ's, its hard for Monster to get away with BSing us!

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3429.asp

$499 LOL!

Meanwhile!
http://www.cablewholesale.com/hdmi-1.4-cable?gclid=CLqFv7ni3qECFUtX2god1X1TLg

Scubar
05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
especially since digital signals dont suffer noise interference i find it highly amusing :D

Serra
05-21-2010, 09:45 AM
I probably won't be swapping my equipment over until 3D sources and TVs are notably more common, but it's good to know that the standards are being put in place now so that can happen sooner.

especially since digital signals dont suffer noise interference i find it highly amusing :D

Yes they do. It's electricity running down a wire the same as before, you can still have interference from (eg) induction that garbles your signal.

Donnie27
05-24-2010, 06:18 AM

Almost, it is harder to interfere but not impossible. I think the rules is after 50ft the speed has to be increased or signal degradation will occur. I too find it hard to believe normal spans or lengths will need to be any kind of super cable.

I was also told that some of these cable have extra lining or gadgets to keep them from interfering with other Analog cable. That's not that far fetched.