PDA

View Full Version : What we know about AMD’s next-generation processors

Rapt0r
05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Just something to share with all the AMD users out there
http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/what-we-know-about-amds-next-generation-processors/

Sn0wm@n
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
repost ....

zalbard
05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
That's a very nice recap. Thank you for linking this. :up:

Zambezi
Family: Bulldozer
Cores: 4 to 8
Process: 32nm
Socket: AM3
Onboard GPU?: No
Platform: Scorpius
Role: Performance Desktop
Launch date: Late 2010
This is very debatable, though, IMO.

Dumo
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote [We are just beginning on that road, the one that blurs the line between the CPU and the video card, but AMD appears poised to make a confident first step. They have the resources, they have the engineers, and they have the drive. AMD is extremely passionate about where they’re going with their market strategy; talking to engineers and representatives at all levels of the company reveals an infectious enthusiasm that can’t be manufactured or faked] Quote :up:

zir_blazer
05-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Llano
Socket: N/A (AM3 rumored)

Correction (5/19/2010): Astute readers have noted that we erroneously attributed socket C32 to the Bobcat, whose true socket remains unknown at this time. The story has been updated to reflect more current information.

The guy still didn't hit it. He confused C32 as a Llano based Socket, Bobcat was N/A. Besides, AM3 for Llano shouldn't be rumoured, but entirely discarded, as we know that it will need more Pins.

demonkevy666
05-20-2010, 07:40 AM
The guy still didn't hit it. He confused C32 as a Llano based Socket, Bobcat was N/A. Besides, AM3 for Llano shouldn't be rumoured, but entirely discarded, as we know that it will need more Pins.

oh, we know what socket llano is I haven't read it anywhere ?

imamage
05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote [We are just beginning on that road, the one that blurs the line between the CPU and the video card, but AMD appears poised to make a confident first step. They have the resources, they have the engineers, and they have the drive. AMD is extremely passionate about where they’re going with their market strategy; talking to engineers and representatives at all levels of the company reveals an infectious enthusiasm that can’t be manufactured or faked] Quote :up:

From the recent surprise with "on-time" launch with HD5xxx series graphic, Phenom II x6 (Thuban) and 8-series chipset
AMD surely perform well , I can't wait to see first "Bulldozer" processor out :clap::clap:

RiverRicer
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
oh, we know what socket llano is I haven't read it anywhere ?

Nobody knows at this point. A few years ago Socket FS1 was mentioned, but no info on it. That may have changed to some other socket by now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_FS1

:shrug:

demonkevy666
05-21-2010, 06:38 AM
this thread disappointed me, lol I thought this was going to be speculation in performance vs phenom II.... instead it's a news post in amd forum, oh well.

and lets not forget bobcat is out sampling right now along with llano. so it looks things are moving in gear at amd.