PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Spam e-mail? Try this >Postal Inspector

Silversink
08-19-2002, 10:37 PM
http://www.giantcompany.com/default.aspx

Protects as many email accounts as you want with one license! Since Postal Inspector Runs inside Outlook, any email accounts that you check using Outlook are automatically protected.
Foreign character set blocking: Allows you to configure the Postal Inspector to block selected character sets. Never again will you be subjected to junk email advertising Korean :banana::banana::banana::banana:!
Bounce Email: Simply click a button and spammers are sent an automated message informing them that your email address “is not a valid email address on the server”. Watch how fast you get you name off of spammers junk email lists by using this new feature.
Automatic Friends List Management: When postal inspector installs, all your address books, distribution lists, sent mail folders, and global address lists are automatically imported. No typing in hundreds of email addresses. You can also mine your mail folders for more names!
Introduction of the Learning Network: Complain about spammers, we’re listening! If a junk message gets past our unparalleled filtering technology you can simply click a button and tell us about it. The learning network works with the Postal Inspector Instant Response System (I.R.S). When you notify us of a new junk email message, the message signature is sent to our servers, where the headers of the message are parsed, heuristically analyzed, and compared to tens of thousands of other message signatures in the system. If a match is made the I.R.S makes a probalistic judgment on the amount of Spam content the message contains and this new “knowledge” is automatically sent to all the other Postal Inspector users on the network. A Spam attack can be stopped within the first wave, not after 10,000,000 junk emails have been sent out. Help your fellow Internet user, tell them when a message “IS SPAM” by using the Postal Inspector and the Learning Network.
An Even Easier to Use Outlook Toolbar: Easy to use Microsoft Outlook Toolbar giving you access to the standard Postal Inspector functions. Blocking Spam has never been this Easy!
Increased Accuracy: Undoubtably the most powerful precise filtering available.

Smizack
09-24-2002, 09:01 PM
I hate Outlook. I just do a return-spam x10 policy.

Nohto
09-25-2002, 06:23 PM
Elaborate on the return 10X policy.

Smizack
09-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Nohto
Elaborate on the return 10X policy.

Heh

Well, I spam back. I repeat spam them untill they get the picture, that and I setup an autoresponce that cusses everyone out. (but I appologize to those that know me);)

Nohto
09-25-2002, 09:16 PM
Is there any software or a method of emailing an address with the same message numerous times. For instance say you get a spam message and you want to send them a reply, is there a way to send that reply automatically 100 times so as not to have to click reply, send 100 times?

TheDude
09-25-2002, 09:43 PM
Silversink

Thanks, I downloaded the trial for Outlook Express and if I like it, will purchase. Sounds like a useful program and will help me avoid changing my email alias every few months.

Adam Harvey
05-27-2003, 11:53 AM
My dad bought this a month ago, and gave me the code also. I have been using it for a month and just saw this thread. I really like it. I hate spam. It works so good. :banana: :banana:

Adam

Sick0fthelies
08-29-2003, 07:47 PM
i use a combination of lycos built it bulk mail blocker and spam weasel in eudora, which works pretty well.

Amoeba Assassin
08-31-2003, 04:37 PM
I use hotmail & thankfully I dont get any spam:up:

Corvette
01-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Me too :banana:

Stop visiting those :smileysex sites :rolleyes: , then they won't send you stuff.

Vette

xerogenesis
07-20-2006, 09:33 AM
heres the thing though, the spammers dont receive ur emails but whatever give u ur kicks

meshmesh
07-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Clicked on the link above. Broken. So, I checked the comany main site (http://www.giantcompany.com). Guess what:

Announcement: Microsoft Acquires Anti-spyware Leader Giant Company Software Inc

Press release here (http://www.giantcompany.com/presscenter.htm)

Too bad. Sounded very good. I guess it must be.

BigDK
05-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Mailwasher is another very good program for riding yourself of spam.

Works on every version of windows up to Vista 64 as well!

There is free version or Pro (which I recommend)

Marvin_The_Martian
05-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Holly thread resurrection :shock:

Xoote
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
i hate spam

B.E.E.F.
10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Holly thread resurrection :shock:

Well it is a sticky.

topdog5050
08-28-2009, 07:46 AM
windows defender is not that great its very annoying to me.