PDA

View Full Version : A1 error after BIOS flash (X58 mobos)

Mescalamba
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
For A1 error, reset CMOS, get into BIOS, select to load "optimized defaults", save n reboot and after reboot A1 error is gone and you can select whatever you want in BIOS.

Apply mainly to latest beta BIOSes and P10 for BloodRage (maybe even Flaming Blade, no idea).

saaya
05-02-2010, 07:44 AM
nice 1! :toast:

Lolozaur
07-26-2010, 01:18 PM
yes, but after a CLR-CMOS you must repet operation, witch is a pain in the assssss

blindfitter
12-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Wish I had found this earlier, just spent hours trying to find what was wrong with board or Peripherals’.

So is this just with P10 bios? Or should I flash again?

cheers,

Mescalamba
12-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Not sure, it was in P10 and few beta bioses. It will be there until they fix it. You will know when you get A1 error. :)

PiLsY
12-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Mine did this for the first time yesterday. No idea what caused it - was locking up just before desktop loads, I reset cmos and got A1 error every time. Fortunately after an hour or so remembered about this, loaded optimised defaults and all was good. This was on G42 bios.

dragonz1r
09-17-2011, 09:04 PM
I wish I would have never made this purchase (Bloodrage), worst support I have ever seen- worse even then Asus- which is saying alot (oddly, Foxconn makes many of the Asus boards- go figure). After a p011 flash I can not reflash because the boot block size doesnt match, I have several other error(s) that are not normal- such as Sata drive MBR unreconised, and no ability to reflash due to the previous. Upgraded CPU- huge speed increse from 920, but does no good on a system that doesnt function correctly due to an incorrectly programed bios file.

I am sorry but after all this time, if I did my job this way I would have long been gone (fired)- and looking for new employment- perhaps a new line of work where my lack of expertise was more able to allow for obvious mistakes and create less problems- perhaps a soup line?

Terrible support from Foxconn.

FatRakoon
04-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Ah, I know Im a tad behind everyone, but I recently got hold of the Flaming Blade GTI.
Quite happy with it I suppose, but I had a 920 with it, and then a few days later I found the 6 Core i7 and so I grabbed that, but then I upped the Mobo to a better one, with more RAM... Im a tit like that.
But anyway, I put the 4 Core back into the flaming Blade and thought I might as well use the thing properly and build up a PC ( Yeah thats right, I had just bought 2 Mobos and 2 CPUs and RAM for them both and I still have not actually put them into a Case yet )

But now I get this A1 issue.

Cold boot, after a CMOS reset and its good... It boots up into the desktop just fine too, but no way after that... I have to clear the CMOS again.

Found this, and so I will give it a try - Look, thats me all over again... Im replying to a post thats years old, probably talkign to myself and I have not even chewcked if it fixes my problem?