PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rampage II Gene Waterblock

Farmerbrown
04-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Hello

Well as you can see for the title i would like to watercool a Gene motherboard

I know that you can get a kit for Mips for 100 Euros, but i was looking to us what i can get hold of and make blocks.

I have waterblocks which can be using for the SB and NB but i am looking to find out the hole spacing of the Mosfets, from what i can see the hole spacing is around 94 mm, i wanted to know if any one has an photo of the motherboard without the heatsink on so that i can see whats under it and also so i can use solidworks to workout the hole spacing and to design the waterblock.

Utnorris
04-29-2010, 05:47 AM
Why not just use the Swiftech NB block that bolts on to the existing cooler? That would cool the NB and mosfet. You don't need to water cool the SB, so the Swiftech would do the job and be easier to setup.

Bodkin
04-29-2010, 05:52 AM
^ this is what I do and its works great!

Farmerbrown
04-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Nope dont like the look of it.... :P

snoro
04-29-2010, 06:13 AM
get the ek one or i also think duniek have a very nice nickel-acetal one that do the same as the swiftech one but they are both prettier than the swiftech one.

Farmerbrown
04-29-2010, 07:07 AM
I dont want to watercool just that i would like to watercool the hole motherboard (Like i have done on my P6T V2) this is why i am asking for the hole spacing and images.

snoro
04-29-2010, 10:54 AM
ask duniek, i am sure he can make you you a 2 piece water block for watercooling everything. Sadly 1 piece waterblock cant be done because of the space available between the nb and sb. It's so tight there between the pci-e slot and the memory slot that a water channel cant pass there without blocking something useful.