PDA

View Full Version : Temp sensors

Blueking
04-25-2010, 02:50 PM
where do people usually place their temp sensors ?
I've been thinking on mount temp sensors on radiator since it comes with intake and outlets at both sides... normal watersetup leaves two ports for stop bits where one can have temp sensors instead... would temp be acurate at these since cold/hot water may vary and not get properly mixed before some distance in tube after leaving radiator ?

Blueking

wez
04-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Should work fine, as long as the probe don't interfere with the flow

Conumdrum
04-26-2010, 07:33 AM
where do people usually place their temp sensors ?
I've been thinking on mount temp sensors on radiator since it comes with intake and outlets at both sides... normal watersetup leaves two ports for stop bits where one can have temp sensors instead... would temp be acurate at these since cold/hot water may vary and not get properly mixed before some distance in tube after leaving radiator ?

Blueking

Your water temp coming out of the rad, into the res, out of the CPU block will only vary 1-2C ANYWHERE in the loop and I'm sure the water will be the same in the tube, it will be 100% mixed.

I don't monitor water temps. Your chip temps tell you all you need unless your controlling fans and pumps depending on your temps.

Blueking
04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Should work fine, as long as the probe don't interfere with the flow

Reason why I wanted to use temp sensors on radiator out/inlets
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/images/product_images/info_images/31107_5.jpg
shouldn't reduce waterflow :up:

Red Maw
04-26-2010, 12:43 PM
What kind of temp sensor is that?

Blueking
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
What kind of temp sensor is that?

It's radiator, airplex revolution 420/360

it has 4 holes 2 on each side, using 2 for water tubes and 2 for stop bits/temp sensor. That I have ordered are from bitspower

zipdogso
04-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Obviously you want the coolant to flow all the way through the rad so you put the tubing on the furthest apart connections which on most rads are the two on the same side so the other 2 connections are effectively both in the middle of the rad so there is absolutely no point in putting a sensor in both.
As someone already pointed out the temp in the whole loop would vary by very little so with one sensor in the rad there is little point in putting one anywhere else.
There is actually little point in a sensor at all except just to satisfy your curiousity. the coolant temp is immaterial it is the temp of the components (CPU, 'bridges, RAM etc.) you want really and the coolant temp while it is certainly relative will NOT tell you the temp of the components which will invariably be higher.