PDA

View Full Version : strange trillian mem bandwidth problem

Ewok
12-22-2003, 07:41 AM
there has been a very strange problem with trillian pro ever since its first release where it somehow takes quite a bit of memory bandwidth. its shown in sandra AND other tests like quake3.

it DOESNT happen in the non pro version, but has been in every pro version.

its NOT due to cpu usage because it uses none. and it doesnt happen if you have trillian open but not connected. also the more connections you have the more bandwidth it takes up.

its totally baffling me because its using all this memory bandwidth but isnt doing anything at all, theres no cpu usage to be using the bandwidth.

so does anyone know wtf is going on with this thing? (i know it isnt specific to my, everyone will have the same effect).

IFMU
12-22-2003, 07:43 AM
No clue here, cant stand that prog anymore... too many issues for me. Moved to Graphics and other Programs.

Ewok
12-22-2003, 07:46 AM
i dont use the program anymore either, they are clueless. main reason i stopped was lack of proper msn webcam support, bad file transfers and no custom emoticons, so i switched back to msn. but i still load trillian every now and then for AIM and id like to know how it can be using this memory bandwidth, based on how many connections it has, despite the fact that it isnt using cpu time.

IFMU
12-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Ewok
why is this in graphics and other programs when its specifically about hardware/memory bandwidth?
It was in Overclocking, which it has nothing to do with. Granted this might not be the best place for it, but is about the closest we have.
It does have more to do with the software, not the hardware, which is another reason why it was moved.

As said, I used it for some time, loved it too... but the mandatory updating came about and it would crash non-stop, Y! wouldnt load while the others would. or some other very annoying problem. So, fook it, I quit using it all together.