PDA

View Full Version : Best Gaming Softwar Co?

kokoro_kara
12-22-2003, 02:12 AM
If you only could buy PC games based on their creating software companies, what companies would you most trust for putting out the best games?

I have a few:

EA games
BIOWare

What say you?? More details the better!

hedge
12-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Blizzard
Epic Games
Vavle (only their original matrial, not CS or DOD)

kokoro_kara
12-23-2003, 11:38 PM
come on guys???

I just think the feedback would be good, so I know what to avoid and what to trust :)

lalPOOO
12-24-2003, 12:43 PM
didn't bioware go out of buisness... oh wait, that was just black isle.

I personally enjoy games from
Epic (pretty much just ut/ut2k3)
ID
Blizzard
Valve

There are other companies that have put out good games, like the people who made morrowind. But since they've really only made 3 great games (that I've heard of) its pretty hard to include them on the list.

Ulfar
12-26-2003, 09:02 PM
well its kinda hard... most companies have 2 or 3 titles out. But if you had to choose
Blizzard, WestWood, and RockStar

Filter
12-31-2003, 08:40 AM
Blizzard westwood rockstar ID Epic

i dont really care for EA there bad for the computer industry. dont beleive me look at there partnership with nvidia thats bad to have only certaini features avaialbe on this card for this game. I refuse to buy from nvidia again or EA

kokoro_kara
12-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Filter
Blizzard westwood rockstar ID Epic

i dont really care for EA there bad for the computer industry. dont beleive me look at there partnership with nvidia thats bad to have only certaini features avaialbe on this card for this game. I refuse to buy from nvidia again or EA

Bad EA games and NVIDIA :slapass:

Didn't know those B#stards killed Kenny

Blizzard seems to be ahead of the pack.

What about a good review site for games??

It seems you can't go by the company all that well. Is there an internet site that has up to the date reviews that you all find dependable?? :shrug:

hedge
01-01-2004, 06:52 PM
I don't mean to sound mean or such, but list only game developers, not publishers. EA games does not make any games at all. Neither does Rockstar games. They publish games for game companies.

I guess this is a little more dirt on EA, but the game Call of Duty was made by employees who used to make the medal of honor games for EA, but left because they did not like working with EA games at all. While EA didn't have anything to do with the development of the games, they still dictacted how the gameplay should be. Perhaps that is why Call of Duty is better than the new Medal of Honor game Rising Sun?

kokoro_kara
01-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by hedge
I don't mean to sound mean or such, but list only game developers, not publishers. EA games does not make any games at all. Neither does Rockstar games. They publish games for game companies.

I guess this is a little more dirt on EA, but the game Call of Duty was made by employees who used to make the medal of honor games for EA, but left because they did not like working with EA games at all. While EA didn't have anything to do with the development of the games, they still dictacted how the gameplay should be. Perhaps that is why Call of Duty is better than the new Medal of Honor game Rising Sun?

Good input: I think this actually the crux of this thread ... now I realize :)

I have personally got stung with so many bad games I was wanting to know is there someone who really puts out quality you can trust. There are so many different titles on these damn games I couldn't make sense of it, as hedge enlightened me on why.

So guess the brand gig is out of the question :(

So, I'll go back to, if I haven't lost everyone with boredome...

Andy great internet sites for evaluating games. You know... Those that seam objective and adult oriented (quality games not gimmicks).

Anybody?

:toast:

hedge
01-03-2004, 06:32 PM
If you look on the box that the game comes in, you will see several names of different companies. Take for example: Call of duty. On the lower right-hand side of the box it says "Activision." On the back it lists another company called "Infinity Ward." Infinity Ward developed the game while activision published the game and handled all the retail garbage that comes with selling games. The developers names are on the boxes that you see in the stores, you just need to look for it. All the names of deveropers that people have listed (Blizzard, Epic Games, Id Soft., Bioware, Valve, Shiny Entertainment, ect.) are awesome developers. EA games, Activision, Rockstar Games, Atari (aka Infogrames), Interplay, etc are all game publishers that seem to publish anything from the companies listed above.

Total Immortal
01-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Epic, Bioware and blizzard are amoung my favs.

TheInVisibleGod
01-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Epic
:)

wimpie007
01-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Rockstar, Activision,...
I wouldn't know actually, since I have so little time to play games, I own very few... :(

Keeper
01-29-2004, 09:08 AM
UBI
Novalogic

Novalogic hasn't really produced any new stuff, but what they do produce is good if you like FPS.

UBI has put out some great stuff.

Evnas
02-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Ubisoft, Blizzard, Bioware, and Sid Meires old company (dont remember the name right now) that put out the old Civilization games are my favs

hedge
02-15-2004, 06:43 PM
UBI soft has made some kick butt stuff in the last little while. Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Ravenshield.

MaNCe
02-24-2004, 04:54 PM
I'd have to say:

Ubi Soft
Bioware
ID
and Atari

I would have said Eidos, but it seems that they are really lacking in the tech support side of things these days. DX:IW could have been way better, and the support just plain sucks. At least the Dev's I listed above work hard to produce a game that works out of the box, and follows up with patches on a good speedy regular basis.

Peace,

hedge
02-24-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by MaNCe
I'd have to say:

Ubi Soft
Bioware
ID
and Atari

I would have said Eidos, but it seems that they are really lacking in the tech support side of things these days. DX:IW could have been way better, and the support just plain sucks. At least the Dev's I listed above work hard to produce a game that works out of the box, and follows up with patches on a good speedy regular basis.

Peace,

Yes Eidos has poopy support, but they didn't make Deus Ex: Insible War. That was Ion Storm who made it.

MaNCe
02-24-2004, 08:52 PM
My bad, Eidos has developed some good games, but I was just using DX:IW as an example for tech support, as ION STORM offers next to none, and usually (in my case) redirects me to Eidos.

Peace,

hedge
02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
That is ok. Not everyone wastes as much time as I do learning about game companies and publishers. Eidos published both the DX games as well as every other game Ion Storm has made. Ion Storm is making the new THIEF III game for both the pc as well as the xbox. This should be interesting.

MaNCe
02-25-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to the new thief III, I'm a big fan of running around in the shadows and catching things by surprise. I remember playing Thief 2 on my 3dfx Voodoo3 :D Good times :toast: Ubi Soft did a great job on Splinter Cell; also a fav of mine, can't wait to try pandora tomorrow.

Peace,

Smizack
02-26-2004, 08:33 PM
ROCKSTAR! (http://www.rockstargames.com)

hollywood
02-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Oh... my... God...you AMATURES!!!

You forgot RELICâ„¢

Homeworld
Impossible Creatures
Homeworld 2
Warhammer 40,000

They are some of the most talented RTS game designers of all time...'Cause I say so. :D

hedge
02-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Oh... my... God...you AMATURES!!!

You forgot RELICâ„¢

Homeworld
Impossible Creatures
Homeworld 2
Warhammer 40,000

They are some of the most talented RTS game designers of all time...'Cause I say so. :D

And I have an answer to that! CAVEDOG! The makers of total annialation! ;)

JToolz
02-28-2004, 12:07 AM
ROCKSTAR!