PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help req. to dismantle a D5 Vario

thomas hobbes
04-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Bought this used pump off a forum. The D5 Vario may be a great performing pump but it sure is ugly. :yepp:

As its gonna be visible in my case I'd like to remove the housing and the giant conversion nuts and add a kit more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. I don't want to rush in and damage anything (like I usually do). So I'd like your guidance:

Anyone tell me how these nuts are secured to the pump? Can I just go at it with a spanner and hope that they'll untighten?

I'm sure many of you can do this with your eyes closed so once its undone what am I likely to find? By that I mean can it be modded to take eg. a BP kit.

Also this may not be visible from the photo but there is a white substance between the nut and the pump barb, am I right in assuming this is just some sort of sealant, or is it something more permanent?

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm58/mikegunnz/P1010552.jpg

HazChem
04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't worry about removing the barbs/nuts and instead just replace the whole top with a BP or EK top. That will give you all the flexibility to add fittings in most any direction as well as make it look more aesthetically pleasing!

If you must, a good wrench oughta get those things off.

StAndrew
04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about removing the barbs/nuts and instead just replace the whole top with a BP or EK top. That will give you all the flexibility to add fittings in most any direction as well as make it look more aesthetically pleasing!

+1. Those dont look easy to take off, however the entire front can be replaced as mentioned.

thomas hobbes
04-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Ok great, so the entire fron is removable, that makes things alot simpler. Thanks guys.

andressergio
04-17-2010, 05:49 PM

agree buy the EK top i did it its awesome

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249147&page=2

Cheers
Sergio